“Definately a hotel to avoid”
Review of Days Inn Sandy

Days Inn Sandy
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sandy
Reviewed 8 April 2010

!
1 reception staff also serving food, running the bar and pretty well anything else it seemed. Food average, room not the cleanest and somewhat shabby. grossly overpriced for facilities on offer. Room overlooked A1, very noisy.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric912
RebeccaGM, Manager at Days Inn Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2010

Dear Eric,

I acknowledge your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday In Garden Court in Sandy. I am sorry to learn of your disatisfaction during your stay. Unfortunately, we had staff sickness, which left us short staffed on the evening of 8th April, so the Duty Manager had to cover reception as well as overseeing the restaurant and bar.
If you would like to contact me at the hotel, I would be happy to respond on an individual basis.

Reviewed 21 October 2009

Paid £79 for bed /breakfast/ internet/ movie special.

Hotel wasnt full, I'm a gold member, and got put in a room overlooking the busy freeway. There was a fan situated on the table near the window for those nights when it is too hot, but too noisy to open the window!

Bed is the worst I have ever come across...wow...how do they get away with it? I did mention it to the girl on check out and the response was, why didnt I ask for another room....why dont you change the mattress, or have put me in another room in the first place??

The 'movie' package was not what I expected, a really old style movie system where there were about 5 movies to choose from playing at certain times on certain channels, so I couldnt pause, rewind or watch at a time which was good for me. I had no issue with the wifi.

Dinner was delivered promptly, although ringing the phone number to order was not so easy, non stop for about 8 minutes until someone picked up. Although the friendly guy on reception told me that he was doing a double shift so I assumed he could have been doing the room service too!

Didnt bother with breakfast in the morning. Shower was lukewarm.

Wouldnt recommend or return. Can places like this really have a 'Holiday Inn' name? Aren't they suppose to be a step up from 'HI Express' ?!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
RebeccaGM, Manager at Days Inn Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2009

Dear bec_n_craig,

I would like to acknowledge receipt of your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Garden Court Sandy. I am very sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction and if you would like to contact me at the hotel, I will be happy to respond to you directly to address your comments.

Reviewed 20 October 2009

grandsons wedding reception, £30 head for 120 people, they chose dearest menu,thinking best, it consisted of, tray lettuce,cucumber, green peppers. tray of tomatoes, red onion. one of samosas,fish thin fingers,tray of wafer thin ham beef chicen, rolls & butter, dish of hot sweet sour, another hot dish not sure what,and rice, some trifles, nothing like what was on menu they choose, and worth £5 head, not all guests got glass wine on entering which they paid for, then when couple cut the cake,was it taken away to be cut and served.no they had to take it home next day cut it themselves so many guests will not get a bit. to cap it all floor in disabled toilet was wet, and a guest on crutches slipped, hope she sues them

• Stayed: October 2009

Dear moonlightBiggleswade,

I have received your comments about your Grandson's Wedding Reception held at the hotel. I am very sorry to learn of the issues raised. Your Grandson contacted me regarding the event and this matter has now been dealt with to his satisfaction.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 10 October 2009

use Holiday Inns a lot but never stayed at a Garden Court before. This and curiousity about how bad it was made me decide to give it a go. Disapointingly I was not confronted by a cross between Faulty Towers and a Holiday Inn but instead a cross between a Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express.

Room fronted onto A1 but noise was not an issue. It had a bath and was furnised quite nicely.

Reception was small and very close to restaurant and small bar. I did not eat there but the smell of food while checking in did smell good. The menu did offer a good value set menu and the staff were attentive when I looked at the menu

The hotel is next to a 24 hour little Somerfield supermarket attached to a petrol station which is good if you are on a budget (2 litres of mineral water for less than 50p).

Behind the hotel is a little nature area and garden dedicated to a former racing cyclist, worth the quarter of a mile stroll.

Staff were all good and friendly, they are unsure why they get bad reviews on this site - as am I!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business

Dear CNam,

I have received the comments you have made regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Garden Court Sandy and would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your satisfaction. It is particularly nice to hear of that you received a friendly and welcoming sevice from our team. We strive to provide the highest levels of service at the hotel and it is rewrding to have this acknowledged.
I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 September 2009

Can't seem to even manage a simple room booking; we'd reserved a large number of rooms for our wedding guests (as our first choice of hotel went into administration) and ended up with more than half the guests being unable to secure a room at all, some having no room on arrival despite have confirmed their bookings in advance and worse yet, no efforts at all from this hotel to put up these guests elsewhere,
Mistake after mistake, all compounding into one huge B-up - never ever use these guys, you're better off with a newspaper and a bus shelter.

Stayed: September 2009
2  Thank paganiteUk
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Checked in to be told by snotty receptionist that my children don't look their age and we will have to pay extra! Who travels locally with passports??! We said that's fine we will cancel the room and go elsewhere - this was at 4.30pm. It's too late to cancel we are told (you need to cancel by 4pm!) and we still need to pay for the room. Luckily my husband has scanned copies of passports on his laptop so we managed to prove the childrens ages! Were we lying? - NO! Did we get an apology? - NO!! When we checked out they still wanted to charge for dinner we never had - we specifically went out as we didn't want to eat in such a miserable hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2009

We arrived at 8pm & found that the receptionist was also a waitress, bar staff & housekeeping !!

The food in the resturant was ok, you got what you paid for really.

The bedroom was basic really, the bed was very soft & needed replacing. Bathroom needed a new shower & loo roll holder, but considering we were only there for one night, we couldnt be bothered to change rooms.

The customer questionaire about the service & room was in German, so we couldnt say much then !!

It was ok for a cheap night to stay, but not sure i would stay there again !!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
The Crown Hotel
Verve Hotel
Verve Hotel
#17 of 18 in Bedford
Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel

Been to Days Inn Sandy? Share your experiences!