“Well kept site, nice village, near sea”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cromer
West Runton Camping and Caravanning Site
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Liz and I don't own a caravan but we do join our friends JB and Carol in their van when they invite us, and on this occassion we returned to the West Runton site. Its the second time we have been there and it has been great both times. We had a mainly sunny weekend which helps but I think the site would be good whatever the weather.
The site is located close to the villages of East and West Runton, close to the larger towns of Sheringham and Cromer. It is in a very rural location however. The access road is probably the only potentially negative point as its quite long, windy and bumpy, and I guess if you were towing (I wasn't) it would be a bit tricky if you met somebody else towing going the other way. JB made it unscathed though so I guess its do-able for people that tow!
The site is surrounded by trees and gives you a feeling of being tucked away nicely in the countryside. The people that run the site are very kind and helpful and well organised, I was shown exactly where to park, and they were very amenable to common sense flexibility. There are plenty of bins and water stations, and the toilet blocks are lovely. They are very clean, nice condition and plenty of showers etc. I didn't have to wait around at all.
There are some nice walks over the surrounding hills down into the various villages where there are some small shops (including a small supermarket) and a couple of pubs. I would say that if you have limited mobility then a vehicle is essential as it seemed like you had to walk over a hill if you wished to leave the site on foot.
Its a lovely place and we would certainly visit there a third time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank lizandtone

Reviewed 6 July 2010

Have been to West Runton Camping & Caravan site 3 times and each has been lovely. I camp every year with my husband, two young children and several others families with children, and so far this is the best site.
The toilets and showers are like no other I have ever visited. Immaculate all day and night, roomy, fresh smelling with piped music. More glamping thatn camping!
The site itself is relatively small, it has a basic play area and an under cover area in which they hold quizes, bbq's etc.
You can take a long but pretty walk to the beach or to East Runton, but other than that a car is essential.
I would definately recommend this site above any others I have visited...and we will be returning for a 4th time.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank littlefi-72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromer
The Links Country Park Hotel & Golf Club
#2 of 3 in Sheringham
Deepdale Backpackers & Camping
Deepdale Backpackers & Camping
#1 of 1 in Burnham Deepdale

Been to West Runton Camping and Caravanning Site? Share your experiences!