Things I liked:
+ location - on the cliff edge overlooking The Pier
+ the food
+ my room (I didn't have a sea view but the rates reflected this)
+ the honesty box in the room - it contained a huge bar of Aero, Kettle crisps, wine... and other things to tempt
+ onsite car parking restricted to residents
Breakfast is served in the restaurant but one morning I was given a table in the bar area. I was able to eat my breakfast whilst looking out to sea. The music in the bar was Michael Row the Boat Ashore; very relaxing and memorable. I'd like to of had breakfast in the bar area more often.
On site car parking is restricted to about a dozen spaces and these are on a first come first served. If you arrive later in the day at busy times you may have to park off site and walk a few hundred yards. Not a problem for the able bodied, once you've found somewhere to park and worked out the one-way system. The nearest on street parking seems to be Cliff Drive.
I like The Red Lion and think that they make quite an effort to get things right. I hope to go back some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Red Lion is situated on the beautiful North Norfolk Coast overlooking the award winning Cromer Pier. The Hotel boasts 12 en suite bedrooms and were recently awarded 4 Star Inn status and received a Dining Award from the AA. The Red Lion is over two hundred years old, retaining many of its original features, including wood panelling, open log fires and Victorian flooring.The Hotel boasts twelve en-suite rooms, most with amazing sea views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Red Lion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Red Lion Hotel Cromer
- Cromer Red Lion
- The Red Lion Cromer, Norfolk