We visit Nth Norfolk every 6 months or so to carry out various work tasks. In the past we have stayed in the Red Lion and found the bedrooms tardy, tired and (esp in the winter ) cold.
With tightening budgets, and our usual hotel demanding a deposit ( tch tch Virginia Court - Rated you brilliantly last year) we were forced into the Red Lion again.
What a transformation ! Decorated room, nice carpet, secondary double glazing for the rooms facing the sea, the Bar area has had a makeover and the staff were VERY friendly and happy. ( especially as our booking service are awfull and messed them about a bit).
My favourite bit, and I apologise for the capitals - THE MINI BAR IS AT COST PRICE ! Thats right - the chocolates and nuts and wine are as near as damnit to the price in the shops - its there as a convenience ! And its an honesty system - you leave the money in the box the goodies were in. THIS SHAMES 99% of hotels - well done Red Lion !
The location is still great and the bar liveley so whats not to like ? Well theres no wifi YET (they promise its coming ) and there was ome v interesting ww2 memrobelia in the bar which has gone (articles on Arnhem I think ) but overall I would even pay to stay there when not on bussiness ! Well done Red Lion - real improvement !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Red Lion is situated on the beautiful North Norfolk Coast overlooking the award winning Cromer Pier. The Hotel boasts 12 en suite bedrooms and were recently awarded 4 Star Inn status and received a Dining Award from the AA. The Red Lion is over two hundred years old, retaining many of its original features, including wood panelling, open log fires and Victorian flooring.The Hotel boasts twelve en-suite rooms, most with amazing sea views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Red Lion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Red Lion Hotel Cromer
- Cromer Red Lion
- The Red Lion Cromer, Norfolk