All reviewssea viewstair liftfamily roomshared bathroomtop floorfull englishsingle bedflat screen tvclose to townone night stayfirst floorsea frontbreakfast was excellenttea and coffeecomfortable bedswould stay againshort break
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We booked a short break not far from home as husband had been unwell. What a friendly place the Sandcliff is. We'd asked for a "nice room" as it was a special occasion. The room was certainly nice but being on top floor the stairs were a bit of a challenge for us. We mentioned this, and without any fuss we were moved to a lower floor. The bags were carried for us and they couldn't have been nicer. We ate like kings..... in fact had to ask for smaller portions! All in all we were extremely satisfied. Would have given a 5 if there had been a lift! I'm sure we'll return. Good value for money.

Room Tip: ask for a lower floor if you have mobility problems.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I had single occupancy of a twin room - this was at the back of the hotel and very quiet so I got a good night's sllep every night of my 1 week stay. I had half board and was extremely pleased with the quality of the evening meals - all freshly cooked with fresh vegetables and I only had chips once all week ! (they were available most evenings with some dishes). Took advantage of and apreciated the book 6 nights, get the seventh night free offer. Staff very friendly and helpfull. If I holiday in this area again I will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I stayed in a twin room with my sister on a recent trip to Cromer. Location alone makes this hotel a great place to stay, our room was a good size and clean (if a bit old fashioned) tea, coffee, biscuits (and hot chocolate!) in the room were very welcome after being in the car for a while. Even though the hotel is on the seafront with a main road, i found it very quiet in the evenings and a good nights sleep was had by both of us.My sister needed to keep some medication in the fridge and this was no problem for them, kindly bringing it to us at breakfast both mornings, although i have to say the older gent serving breakfast was a bit abrupt with us, but maybe thats me being over sensitive. We booked through booking.com (very reasonable rate for the two nights b&b) but i was surprised to find on check-out that my money had already been taken by the hotel from the c/c details supplied to CONFIRM the booking, i would have liked to have paid with a different card on check-out, but not really a big deal. All in all, a good hotel and if in the area again i would stay again

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank RoseWineLover
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed in April (Royal wedding weekend) for a family function but only just got round to writing review as have been busy at work and pregnant!

Really good little hotel and extremely good value for money.

The owners and managers have done everything they can to make it welcoming and modern within obvious money constraints.

Breakfast was very good. We didn't eat dinner and the bar seemed quite and closed most of the time we were there (out of season) but there are loads of places in Cromer to go to so didn't bother us at all. Had quite a few posters re food hygiene awards so they clearly take it seriously.

The bedroom was clean and comfortable and had a good flat screen TV. We requested a quiet room with a good view and its exactly what we got at the top of the house. Looked straight on to the sea. It was great.

The bathroom was fine and clean but was tiny and guest supplies were not great (there was a soap with Holiday Inn written on it - LOL) so take your own (we do anyway). Tea and coffee making facilities however were fine.

The manager Fran Hussey was really nice to me and gave me some chocolates when I had a pregnant munchie attack!

Free parking and appeared to have disabled access rooms and family rooms - so a good alround base to explore the lovely area.

All in all a great little hotel - and great value for money and families.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We highly recommend this hotel. The hotel is situated on the sea front and within easy walking distance of the pier and local shops and restaurants. Our room had a fantastic view of the sea and the pier. The hotel was very clean and tidy and the staff were very welcoming and friendly. As somebody that suffers from a food intolerance, I really appreciated it that the chef ensured that I had gluten free alternatives at breakfast and dinner.

We will definitly be returning to the Sandcliff Hotel when we next visit Cromer.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 20, which I believe has the best sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple