All reviewssea viewstair liftfamily roomshared bathroomtop floorfull englishsingle bedflat screen tvclose to townone night stayfirst floorsea frontbreakfast was excellenttea and coffeecomfortable bedswould stay againshort break
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Stayed for 3 nights from 26/9/11. Pleased to find single rooms had been upgraded to rooms with double beds. Excellent selection of breakfasts and dinners and all were delicious. Very convenient for train and bus stations, which made travelling around easy without a car. Ideal for walkers taking the Norfolk Coastal Path.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Stayed in September. Very nice, good food, lovely bedroom with sea view and a very good refurbished bathroom with up to the minute fittings. Flat screen TV. A very enjoyable stay, close to town centre and pier.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeicesterGirl1947
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We booked a short break not far from home as husband had been unwell. What a friendly place the Sandcliff is. We'd asked for a "nice room" as it was a special occasion. The room was certainly nice but being on top floor the stairs were a bit of a challenge for us. We mentioned this, and without any fuss we were moved to a lower floor. The bags were carried for us and they couldn't have been nicer. We ate like kings..... in fact had to ask for smaller portions! All in all we were extremely satisfied. Would have given a 5 if there had been a lift! I'm sure we'll return. Good value for money.

Room Tip: ask for a lower floor if you have mobility problems.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I had single occupancy of a twin room - this was at the back of the hotel and very quiet so I got a good night's sllep every night of my 1 week stay. I had half board and was extremely pleased with the quality of the evening meals - all freshly cooked with fresh vegetables and I only had chips once all week ! (they were available most evenings with some dishes). Took advantage of and apreciated the book 6 nights, get the seventh night free offer. Staff very friendly and helpfull. If I holiday in this area again I will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I stayed in a twin room with my sister on a recent trip to Cromer. Location alone makes this hotel a great place to stay, our room was a good size and clean (if a bit old fashioned) tea, coffee, biscuits (and hot chocolate!) in the room were very welcome after being in the car for a while. Even though the hotel is on the seafront with a main road, i found it very quiet in the evenings and a good nights sleep was had by both of us.My sister needed to keep some medication in the fridge and this was no problem for them, kindly bringing it to us at breakfast both mornings, although i have to say the older gent serving breakfast was a bit abrupt with us, but maybe thats me being over sensitive. We booked through booking.com (very reasonable rate for the two nights b&b) but i was surprised to find on check-out that my money had already been taken by the hotel from the c/c details supplied to CONFIRM the booking, i would have liked to have paid with a different card on check-out, but not really a big deal. All in all, a good hotel and if in the area again i would stay again

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family