“Good location, but showing its age.”

Sandcliff Guest House
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Cromer
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed at the Sandcliff for one night on a business trip, great location-a short walk to the town centre so very quiet at night.
Room was comfortable but the shower was weak (I had to run round in it to get wet!!!)
The whole hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly.
Breakfast was good, enjoyed my stay but hotel showing its age.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed at the Sandcliff at the begining of April for one night. Was given a lovely room with sea view on the top floor. The room was clean and of a good size. No lifts so you need to be fit to climb the stairs. Breakfast was very nice and one of the best i have had in a while. Staff were very helpful. The hotel is in a good location, just across the road from the beach and a ten miniutes to the town.

Room Tip: Try and book a sea view room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sopwith137
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed at Sandcliff for one night while on a business trip. My room was a good size and certainly comfortable compared to other hotels I have stayed in.

Breakfast was very nice and served quickly by a lovely waitress.

On the downside.

While eating breakfast I could clearly hear the chef swearing and boasting about his various drinking and sexual exploits... Not a problem for me but as this hotel seems to attract older clients I would imagine that a few eyebrows could be raised.

I also found that the hot tap in my room wasn't working about half an hour before breakfast. I raised this issue with one of the staff and was not impressed with her response.

If she had been one of my team I would have ensured that an investigation took place and customer service training was given.

Lastly the hotel is quite a way from the town. Again not a problem for myself but other less able clients could find this a problem as parking is expensive... £5.00 for a day in some places....

Would I return?
Probably for a dirty weekend but not with the family..

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed here one night - the room was big and comfortable, as was the bed. I was on the first floor, overlooking the main road, and it wasn't too noisy, altho' you did feel on display if the curtains were open. The shower was really pitiful, a mere dribble of scalding or freezing water - so much so, that if I stay again I may choose a room without en suite, as I'd not be missing out on much.

The owners weren't what you might call warm and welcoming - a few grunts and didn't seem to really care whether I was ok or enjoyed my stay or not. The staff, however, at breakfast, and the cleaners, were all very attentive and cheerful - and were completely unfazed by me not seeing their breakfast table allocations in my bleary eyed state.

The breakfast was oh, 7 out of 10; why do B&Bs skimp on poor quality sausages? I'd rather they'd charge an extra quid and get decent bangers.

Room Tip: avoid room 24
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I was 100% happy with my week's stay at Sandcliff! My room was so comfortable and clean, the shower was fantastic, lots of tea and coffee. The Manager, Fran, was professional but very friendly and helpful. This is the place for me in Cromer!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 534Birdwatcher112
Reviewed 6 February 2012

For the last few years we have brought a group of about 12 Bowlers to play matches at Cromer and Wells. Sandcliff is ideally located on the Front, across the road from the Bowls Green. We have stayed the night there, changed for the match, enjoyed a lunchtime buffet, and then returned for an evening meal, together with the one or two who have caravanned or camped nearby.
We have invariably found the staff helpful and friendly. They have put themselves out to make our trip enjoyable and to meet any peculiar requests.
The food is always plentiful, well prepared and served efficiently. The atmosphere is friendly and informal, and suited us down to the ground.
The Hotel always went to considerable trouble arranging to match the rooms to our individual requirements. The rooms were clean and spacious, and some had good views. Work is in progress to improve the decor and facilities. Each year we have noticed things getting better. The management have been diligent in keeping costs stable, and we have been promised no rise in prices for the forthcominmg year.
We are never in any doubt which Hotel to choose for our annuakl summer trip to Cromer!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view! If elderly, choose a downstairs room if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank malcolm l
Reviewed 12 November 2011

The most comfortable,welcoming hotel we have ever stayed in. The staff were wonderful, friendly and helpful. The food was gorgous and the hotel caters for all dietary needs. Also, the hotel was immaculate. Fantastic attention to detail, thank you so much. Josie and Andy Purr.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jepurr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromer
Cromer Country Club
#3 of 7 in Cromer
Beechwood Hotel
Beechwood Hotel
#1 of 2 in North Walsham

Been to Sandcliff Guest House? Share your experiences!