“Good location, clean and very comfortable”

and 1 more site!
Sandcliff Guest House
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Cromer
Berkshire
“Good location, clean and very comfortable”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Just back from 2 nights in one of the twin rooms downstairs. For me it was much better then I was expecting. The room was clean including the bathroom and shower. Nice fresh quality towels and plenty of toilet rolls and soap / shower gel. I know these sound trivial but they all add plus points. The person who met us at reception was friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable and again good quality pillows. I often take my own but these were really comfy. Breakfast was nice and plentiful. I did hope poached eggs were on there as a choice with the full English but I didn't ask. Anyway I came away very happy with Cromer and the Sandcliff hotel. Btw great walk to Sherringham along the costal path... I would use again.

Room Tip: Walk to cromer or maybe West Runton also the pier show we saw "The ELO Experience" were to...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
ipswich
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Found sandcliff hotel in North Norfolk brochure ,very nice on the phone while booking .We were slightly put off by the frontage ,no problem parking ,but once in staff were lovely very helpfull.the room was large airy spotlessly clean crisp white bedding,fluffy towels and a. Large flat screen tv.We had a 3 course meal for £13 pounds very good value and well cooked .Breakfast was fruit cereal juice and good choice of cooked breakfast my husband of course had the full English which was good quality bacon sausage etc I went for boiled eggs they were perfectly cooked just right for dipping !!. We will defiantly stay again in the new year .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marchgirl49
South Hams
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Public areas very dreary and uninviting, rooms basic but clean.
Breakfast good.
Reasonable value. not much off road parking.
friendly staff, convenient location , Fine for an overnight stay,Could be so much nicer with a make-over

Room Tip: Hotel fronts main road
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hopefulSouthHams
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We signed up for a night and ended up staying three, so that says something in itself. It's a very clean place with nice little touches like crisp, 'new-feeling' sheets and soft towels, tea & coffee in the bedroom, a four poster bed and a sea view. Owners were very friendly and helpful, offering a warm welcome and the breakfast was really fresh & tasty. So yeah, although it did have a bit more of a hostel feel than a hotel, potentially lacking some of the polished furnishings etc that a hotel might offer, it has quite a cool, traditional seaside feel and does that very well.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Samba2014
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in great hotels all around the world. The Sandcliff is easily on terms with the best of them and at a fraction of the price. Fantastic sea views, beautiful room, great friendly service. Forget searching for the best hotel deal, THIS IS IT!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Jonsayers
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in Sandcliff For only one night and most of the time we have spent our time to explore Cromer. We haven't been able to spend much time in our room and that was really sorrowful because our room was amazing!! It was a sea view room with big windows, sunshine was always in the room, it was really refreshining. Also room was really clean, I admit I wasn't expecting a hotel this good. Breakfast was also good.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cagla T
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The idea for the weelend was to scuba dive Norfolk's two wrecks. As I was recovering from a medical condition I was shore support. In the end the divers only dived the Rosalie at Weybourne but said it was a fantastic dive with lobsters and crabs and all other sea creatures.

I arrived later than I had intended on the friday night due to traffic on the route the sat nav had chosen. I was shown to my room which was very clean and well appointed with an onsuite shower and toilet. I am not sure if all the rooms are onsuite or not but there was a stand-alone bathroom with a big bath and a toilet on my floor.

Both nights I had an excellent nights sleep with no noise, or at least I did not hear any, and a good temperature. The shower had lots of hot water available and was clean and tidy. The room was cleaned in the morning.

Meals.

I have a problem with wheat and dairy but it is not life threatening so most times I just avoid items I think they are going to be in. A short walk away from the hotel is a Morrisons with the usual free-from range. I used this to get a free from loaf to make bacon sandwiches.
Breakfast was fabulous, I avoided the cerials and straight for the fruit salad which had a very good selection of soft fruits within it. I am guessing this will change dependent on what fruits are available. I then had the full breakfast, without the sausage. This was Tomato, two bacon rashers, beans, mushrooms and a fried egg. The waiting staff were lovely and very friendly remembering requests from the previous morning.

The hotel is a short walk from Cromer if you are looking for night life or the pier but not so close that the noise of Cromer interferes with the peace of the hotel. I had a lovely couple of days made special by the Sandcliff Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quiter, but there is no view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo