“mystery trip”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Cromer
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“mystery trip”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

just come back from a 5 day trip to cromer,,,,,well having booked our first mystery holiday ,I was flabbergasted to learn where we were going when we picked up the tickets ? as it was our first one I thought we wouldn't know where we were going til we got there ............whats the bloody point otherwise ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,having said that we 3 had a great time ,we stayed at the hotel de paris in Cromer ,the staff there were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you ,,,we all thought the food was excellent the whole time we were there,,,,,,,loved the actual hotel ,so old and interesting of architecture and right on the front ,,so welcoming as you entered it warm décor ,,2 minusus though ,the chairs need to be changed in the lounge as it resembled an old peoples home where I once worked ,,chuck in 3 leather sofas all different colours then youv got it right ,,,,my bed was very uncomfortable ,very lumpy I did mention it to someone in reception and they said they would change the mattress for me ,,I think they may have forgot ,,but the room was nice enough ,telly worked ok all I needed was there ,,our coach driver was Kevin we,had some nice chats with him ,friendly and approachable ,would love to stay in the hotel again but unfortunately I didn't like cromer ,im used to devon and cornwall ..for its nooks and crannies ,everywhere was flat and uninteresting for me ...but would definatley travel with alpha again ,,lots of leg room on their coaches ,and the price of the holiday was great,,all in all a smashing time was had by my friend sister and myself

Room Tip: well obviously book a sea view I didn't have one but my sister did ,but it wasn't a big prob...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank merryweather6213

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
cromer
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is a lovely hotel , very old fashioned but definitely worth a visit . I came here for a beverage with my partner at the weekend and could not fault anything other than staff have a lack of English which can get abit frustrating but other than that definitely recommended from this happy customer .

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room at the back with a sea view its very beutiful at night or early morning as...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PSH1989
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Looks great on the outside.The inside is bloody awful.Rude unhelpful staff most of whom don't have a good command of English.The rooms are shocking, I like a bit of faded glory, but a box room with no bath? I expected Basil Fawlty to appear when I looked out of the window at the "sea view"! To think this lovely old building has been reduced to a doss house.You shouldn't be kept awake all night due to poorly maintained floors.B&B next time for me.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank travelgirls5
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Came here instead of my mum as she had to cancel so had no idea what it was like or what to expect! The building is amazing from the outside, so imposing. It follows the victorian theme inside (bit shabby though).
Had a basic room, no sea view. Overlooked the pub but wasnt noisy. Breakfast was good, wasnt expecting waitress service but had it and they were very efficient. Didnt eat dinner or go to the entertainment. Fab location!

Room Tip: Room 3 overlooks the pub
1 Thank rhiam
Cambridge
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This old fashioned and charming hotel is situated right on the sea front in possibly the best location in Cromer. The staff are all very helpful and friendly which created a very good 'family' atmosphere in the hotel. My room was warm, very clean and cosy with everything I needed, nice hot shower and TV etc. It's quite a big hotel and old fashioned with higgledy piggledy stairs and layout - yet this is a positive and only adds to the overall feel of the quaintness of the building. As I have dietry requirments the breakfast staff were a bit confused as to what a vegan actually is, not vegetarian as they thought, though I kindly explained. So although I had as much as I needed for breakfast I would have maybe liked some vegan sausages - maybe next time then.....? All in all I loved the hotel, the wonderful location and its friendly staff.

Room Tip: There are sea view rooms available on request and ask about the stairs if that would be a problem fo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Janis F
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

went alfa october 6th very quite week but serviice and staff cannot be beaten had room 40 with lovely sea view okay floorboards did creak and one stormy night the sea was loud but its part of your holiday in cromer people go year after which we do if you. want an oldfashioned holiday with comfort and good food this is the place to be

Room Tip: ak for a quite room or top floor
1 Thank Dawn320
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

we stayed in a lovely family room with a fantastic sea view, Ive been to hotels before with "sea views" and got a strip of blue a mile away with buildings inbetween, this however is amazing you are virtually on the beach. The room was clean and comfy ,very spacious yes a little dated but charming.The staff were helpful and polite and the breakfast good value and very nice. This is a beautiful old hotel with modern comforts a real home from home, we will certainly return.

Room Tip: This hotel probably has the best sea view in norfolk, no little strip of blue a mile away, open the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromer
Cromer Country Club
#1 of 7 in Cromer
Sea Marge Hotel
Sea Marge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Overstrand

Been to Hotel de Paris? Share your experiences!