“Pure quality, supurb establishment that truly was a treat.”
Review of The Grove

The Grove
Ranked #4 of 26 Cromer B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We booked the Grove as a last minute treat after an internet search. Talk about lucky.
The Premises is so impressive as you pull up on the drive. Reception was manned by a welcoming professional pair if young ladies that clearly enjoy their jobs. We were made to feel very welcome and were extremely pleased when shown to our fabulous room, it was huge with a gorgeous ensuite to.
We ate at the grove that night and whilst the menu wasn't extensive, it was stylish and the food was so very very good. Well presented, well served and tasted just perfect.
Our waitress was fun and informative, she, with a colleague also dealt very well will a difficult and slightly dumb awkward customer.
We slept well in comfortable and very clean beds and next morning enjoyed a very good full English breakfast.
If only we could have stayed longer.
Oh and there is a very nice indoor pool, woodland and cliff top walks, plus cottages and lodges. Non of which we tried but all looked good.
Thank you very much to all at the grove we will be back

Pete and Jo

• Stayed: October 2013
thegrovecromer, Owner at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Hello Pete and Jo

Many thanks for such a lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and it is so nice for the staff when their hard work is noticed.

Charlie's team are always proud of the food that they create so I'm delighted that you enjoyed eating with us too.

Many thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed at the Grove for a long weekend in early October 2013. This place has pretty much everything. Fantastic accommodation including a pool, great location and superb food, both at breakfast and especially in the evening.The staff were friendly and informal and made us feel very welcome.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
thegrovecromer, Owner at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Hello from the Grove

Just a quick thank you for your kind words. We were extremely busy this weekend and so I'm delighted that the staff looked after you so well, amidst all the activity!

Please do come back and see us again when you are in the area.

Very best wishes

Reviewed 5 October 2013

What a find! Stayed at the Grove for three nights in Sept/Oct. We had a warm welcome and without exception all the staff were welcoming and friendly throughout our stay. We stayed in "Sunburst" one of their lovely en-suite Orchard rooms located in the garden but only a short walk to the house. Room was tastefully furnished, clean and very comfortable. Always nice to have a sofa in the room rather than having to sit on the bed all the time, and there was a great range of teas/drinks in the room which was appreciated. The house itself is very pretty and made for lovely surroundings. The food was excellent both for breakfast and the two evening meals we had there. I would recommend the Fish and Chips; and the Chocolate Brioche Bread and Butter Pudding with Ginger Ice Cream which was tremendous in both taste and size! The Grove is perfectly situated with plenty of private parking and just a short 5/10 min walk into Cromer town either via the road or via a pretty walk through woods/cliff top.

Look out for the great artwork in the Breakfast Room which is done by a local artist called Sam Thomas who presents Cromer vistas in a vibrant and slightly surreal way - I brought away a lovely piece which I couldn't resist buying.

Room Tip: Garden Rooms give best of both worlds - being separate from the house they give the freedom of self...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Hello and many thanks for your super review.

I can't tell you how much it means to the team here to know their hard work is appreciated; they all tune into TripAdvisor and there are always big smiles on faces after positive feedback.

Our Orchard Rooms are turning out to be extremely popular, and I am very pleased that you enjoyed the bread and butter pudding - it's a favourite of mine too!

Best wishes and please do come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Grove for three days in September with a group of eight friends from across England and France. Without exception we were all impressed with the standard of the accommodation but more importantly the quality of the food.

The a'la carte menue which Executive Chef, Charlie Hodson and his team served us in a private dining room was as good as any top quality London hotel or restaurant, but at a fraction of the price. The Grove's other staff were helpful and welcoming. At £49/£45 per night bed and breakfast, with access to a comfortable residents lounge, pool and free high speed wi-fi the whole package was a bargain.

Living in Norfolk we know Cromer well but for first time visitors, particularly during the holiday season, this is an ideal place to stay. If you are local and looking for a special meal - look no further than The Grove.

Alan and Lyn Fairchild

Room Tip: Front of house overlooking drive and garden
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
thegrovecromer, Owner at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Hello Mr. Fairchild

It was wonderful to be able to accommodate you and your party and I am delighted that you all enjoyed the stay and the food so much.

Charlie and his team work very hard to make sure our standards are as high as possible, and they were all extremely pleased and grateful for your kind words.

We would love to see you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed at the Grove for a couple of days in September, and after a great experience wanted to share it with Tripadvisor.

The hotel is based around a stunning period property, set in lovely grounds within a few minutes walk from the coast. Built around the main house (which has its own set of lovely rooms) are a number of guest cottages & beautifully equipped "Orchard" rooms (newly built wood-cabin/lodge style rooms, opened in Easter 2013).

I was staying in one of the Orchard rooms ("Honey Pippin" if memory serves correctly), and it was simply lovely. The room was spacious, fitted out with everything you could need, comfortable, and spotlessly clean. Perfect.

The hotel also has Wifi throughout and has its own swimming pool; all set in its spacious and attractive gardens.

In terms of food, well - this was excellent. Under Head Chef Charlie's influence, the menu was varied yet not over complex, food was fresh; beautifully cooked and well presented. Deserts were particularly brilliant. All served in a lovely dining room with great service throughout.
Breakfast is also highly recommended. Great selection, with cooked breakfasts served exactly as requested.

All in all, I'm looking forwards to returning and enjoying my next stay!

Room Tip: Orchard rooms are ideal if you want complete peace and quiet or need something on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
thegrovecromer, Owner at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Hello Tim

Well many thanks for such a great review! It was really good to have you with us and I'm delighted you enjoyed the food.

It's always good to see you and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I found this Guest House by chance and how lucky I was. At £45 per night including breakfast, free WiFi that really works I could see WiFi boosters in the hall. not to mention it's own swimming pool. I kid you not all for £45, a short walk through the forest at the end of their garden takes you to the beech perfect.
Staff were friendly and helpful breakfast was good, evening meal they had there own chief/cook very nice to. I went on my own wanted a quiet time away so went on my own the single room was clean and just what I required felt nice and cosy.
Nice break for one, two or young family

Room Tip: I was in the single room number 12, very quiet all rooms would be the house is set back from the mai...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
thegrovecromer, Owner at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Hello from the Grove

Many thanks for such a nice review, and the perfect one for our 100th on TripAdvisor!

It was good to have you with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Gorgeous hotel, lovely clean room and excellent service. We were free to sit in the living room and swim in the lovely pool. The food was EXCELLENT and we were also advised on good walking routes.

My favourite thing though, which is the main reason I'm writing this review, is because my partner lost a special ring in the hotel room, and we only realised after we'd left. Even before we'd realised, the staff at the Grove had emailed us and said it was already in the post back to us. They wouldn't let us pay for the postage either and said it's "all part of the service".

I can't imagine many hotels these days making such effort to make people happy. Truly wonderful, would definitely go back and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
thegrovecromer, Owner at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Hello Katy

Just a quick note to say thanks for your review. It really does boost all the staff here to read such lovely comments and it was a pleasure to welcome you here.

I'm gald you got the ring back ok; one of our eagle-eyed housekeeping team spotted it just after you'd gone!

Best wishes and (again) what a cool website you have!