“Amazona zoo”
Review of Amazona Zoo

Amazona Zoo
Ranked #6 of 23 things to do in Cromer
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Had a good time at the zoo today, with my son, daughter in law, and two grandchildren, aged 18months and 6years old. I live in Cromer and this was my 1st visit in the 8years it has been here, very impressed. will be visiting again.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I read some very negative reviews about Amazona Cromer so i felt I just had to write my review. i have just had a wonderful day there with my two grandchildren ages four and seven. The staff were all very friendly from the lady on the front ticket desk to the cafe staff and the keepers themselves. We loved seeing all the animals, they all looked happy and active and it was lovely to see the maras which have the run of the zoo wandering around with their babies. We attended three feeding times, the otter, the spider monkeys and the pumas and each time the talk the keepers gave were very informative, very easy to hear and they were all very attentive to my grandson who had lots of questions. There were lots of picnic tables to eat our lunch and the children also enjoyed both the outdoor and the indoor play areas which gave me a chance to have a rest before wandering round to see the animals again. The cafe has a lovely verranda overlooking a water area, we only had drinks and ice creams there so I can't comment on the food. One of the areas we particularly liked was the indoor tropical house which gave the creatures in there the warm temperature and climate they like.
As I said in my title I thought Amazona was a charming zoo and well worth the entrance price, there was a lot to see and even more to learn especially if you take the trouble to chat to the keepers which we did. My grandchildren came away full of all the fun things they had seen and learnt. It is worth doing a little research before you go because if you realise that it is a zoo of South American creatures and not a 'lions and elephants' zoo then you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank lizzyb47
Reviewed 25 June 2014

After reading some of the negative review I wasn't sure about visiting Amazona. So glad we did my little girl of 18months loved it. Perfect for a half day visit and the soft play area was great.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We visted Amazona Zoo for the second time this weekend and loved it even more the second time round!! We decided to make the visit with our 17month old son who was so excited so see all the South American animals and loved watching the tapirs and monkeys play together. The staff were all very friendly and were seen throughout the day working hard. The zoo is now improved with the yurt in the centre which is ideal for enjoying a spot of lunch or just to enjoy a sit down whilst reading all this interesting information boards inside. We actually ate in the cafe this time which we couldn't believe how cheap it was and the food was amazing! The tapirs now have their own bath in their area too which our little boy found funny watching them swim around together. After enjoying seeing all the animals we used the outside wooden play area followed by the new Jungle Tumbles was was fantastic! With a toddler area and older section there was a lot to offer although our little boy went on everything! We ended our visit by looking in the gift shop and was pleasantly surprised to see so many lovely toys and items that would make ideal gifts or present and at good prices too. We hope to book a party here next year for our son's birthday as we all had a fantastic day and look forward to returning.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We took our two boys here at the weekend and we all had a wonderful time. They have some beautiful animals here and the food was amazing and very well priced. Also the new indoor soft play area is brilliant for children with lots of things to do. All in all a lovely day out would recommend to anyone.