“Delicious cake”

Price range: US$3 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Nipped in for a quick cup of coffee and a cake. The coffee was first class as always. The staff were very attentive and friendly. Service was fast too. Thoroughly enjoyed the millionaire's shortbread. The most difficult decision was which of the home made cakes to have.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 4 October 2018

We have visited here many times since an enforced stay in North Norfolk due to house building delays. It is always a good experience. The cafe has only limited space, but the staff are friendly and the food excellent. Some poor reviews do not represent what we have found. The opening of Costa across the way has not affected the clientele, locals in particular will not use it, with around 30 cafes in the town. The breakfasts are very good, the crab sandwiches excellent. There is a notice telling you the actual boat the crabs were caught from. As they are very fresh and, particularly this year, supplies are limited. Toilet facilities upstairs are clean and serviceable. The coffee is the best we have had out. Staff are always hard working and cheerful. The cafe is in the very heart of Cromer.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited cafe main for the second time on the 29th September 2018.
We had great weather and sat outside and the staff were brilliant!!
Our table was cleaned twice during our eating experience and both proprietors were really friendly!
I ordered a doorstep crab sandwich and salad with crisps included and a portion of chips. My wife had a prawn salad with homemade coleslaw.
Our food was just amazing, the sandwich was fresh and the crab was generous!
My wife’s prawn salad was plentiful of large prawns and fresh as anything!
We had a great experience during our visit making our day trip to Cromer memorable.
This cafe is really well worth a visit!
Well done cafe main

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

We came across this unassuming cafe while visiting Cromer for the first time.
My wife tried the homemade potato and leek soup, which came with a warm baguette and butter. She was more than pleased when it arrived, a full bowl of soup, not a half hearted affair!
I ordered the crab sandwich, which I noticed was totally traceable back to the very Cromer ship that had caught it! My sandwich consisted of two rounds of doorstep bloomer bread filled with all white crabmeat with crisps and side salad.
The menu may seem at first glance a bit expensive for a cafe, but the results were well beyond our expectations. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Visit once a week with my dad, always made welcome by owners and staff they bend over backwards to help coffee is the best and bacon bap is to die for highly recommended