“Very Disappointed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cromer
Western House Hotel
Ranked #19 of 25 Cromer B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stayed at the Western House Hotel in early November 2012 to see a show on the pier, I booked it because of the great reviews on tripadvisor, there was only one poor review and based on the content of the others I thought perhaps that person was being overly picky … sadly, they weren’t. For a very accurate description I advise you to read the review entitled “Sad But True”, there is no need for me to repeat what they say, myself and the reviewer visited almost a year apart but obviously shared the same room and the same experience.
The weather was bitterly cold and wet and the heating in the room was only on at best for an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon which left it constantly feeling like a fridge, on the second day of our stay we were the only guests left in the hotel, soaked and cold after a spell outside I went downstairs to request some form of heating, I rang the bell for attention several times but nobody came. We actually went and sat in our car with the engine running just to warm up, I purchased thermal socks and gloves and wore them while in our room along with my sheepskin jacket !
The view was great, the bed was comfy, the room was dark and cramped and the en-suite totally unfit for purpose. The proprietors were pleasant enough and the breakfast was ok, but our basic requirements were not met and that’s really not fair. I’ve hesitated to post a negative review as I am aware that it could potentially affect the owners livelihood but I do feel that this establishment is being misrepresented (especially given the number of glowing single post reviews), my husband and I visit Cromer frequently and have stayed at various hotels, that said, in future if this was the only one with availability we would stay at home.
Despite all the rave reviews there are only two pictures displayed (?) so I’ll add a few more, after all they do say a picture is worth a thousand words.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
18  Thank Molly095

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Just returned from a couple of days stay, It's as friendly now as when we stayed 14 years ago for a wedding, Nice on-suite addition to to room (same room as we stayed last time) lovely breakfast, nice and clean. great view while eating breakfast watching the waves crash over the sea wall, we'll be back soon. Great Value.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sue J
Reviewed 12 November 2012

we stayed at western house on 9/11/12 to go and see joe brown show,john and jo are so lovely they really look after you the room was nice and tidy we had a meal before the show which was really nice.Then we had breakfast which you could have cereal full english and toast mamalade or jam tea and coffee really filled you up.We will deffo be going back.
sylvia and ray goldsmith

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sylviagoldsmith
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We stopped here for a couple of nights winter break and booked the room with a sea view, having booked other places advertising the same where the sea view meant you could see it over the top of a building or by standing up and looking through the attic window we were delighted to look out the window on to the beach and pier. We received a lovely welcome, breakfast was excellent and apart from the view the location was ideal to travel round the area,. Would definitely stay here again should we return to Cromer.

Peter and Barbara

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pete088
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We are always made to feel welcome here and have hust returned from another relaxing weekend at this hotel. The front rooms have fabulous sea views, the food is great and the atmosphere is very homely. Fantastic value.

Room Tip: The front bedrooms have fabulous sea views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mike d
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I stayed at Western House in the height of summer and was pleasantly surprised by what awaited me. I travelled on my own for a one night stay. I was warmly welcomed and given a choice of rooms. I chose the room on the front with a BEAUTIFUL view of th seafront it was stunning. lovely room furnishings and a very comfortable bed i slept so well. I again was warmly welcomed at breakfast and given a great selection, as well as a traditional norfolk cooked breakfast which was perfect.
The only downsides was there is no parking outside, parking on the sea front in summer is limited. and my room had no toilet and the shower in my room was poorly lit but these factors by no means dampened my stay!
Would keep returning here again! Lovely hosts, great room and great prices!

Room Tip: If you want an ensuite room you have to sacrifice a sea view. just something to bear in mind!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Beth W
Reviewed 4 September 2012

A beautiful sea front hotel (pier view) with a lovely couple giving a friendly and warming welcome every time!! The breakfast is "the best". Very clean, and very homely.
Would not go anywhere else if staying in Cromer.
Ed & Sam Lincolnshire

Room Tip: The swell of the sea will lull you to sleep!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple