“Excellant”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We have been a number of times when we have been at our holiday home here in Cromer. We have both eaten in and had a takeaway. Really can't fault it, the food is delicious and reasonably priced, especially the Thursday banquet night. Waiters have always been friendly and attentive. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Excellent food, attentive, but not intrusive, waiting staff and very reasonably priced. Car park opposite.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

2 stars for being cooked! But worst jalfrezie I've ever had and I've had a few! Needs more competition!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

To finish off our night of cheesy entertainment having been to the summer special on the pier I thought we would grab a take away to eat at home. The restaurant did smell of damp a bit and the seats are a bit worn but the food was great and freshly cooked. It took a while but was very tasty.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have been using this Indian on and off for the last ten years. I prefer the Indians in Sheringham as the food is better and the staff are far more friendlier but when in Cromer I use this one. Me and a couple of friend ordered a takeaway last night, we got halfway through our food when I picked out what I thought was a cardamom seed from my rice. It quickly became apparent when I turned the object over that it was infact a Cockroach. We all stopped eating immediately and phoned the Restaurant to complain. The restaurant owner quickly come around to inspect the Cockroach, he apologise, issued a full refund and took the ugly little beast away... Fair to say I won't ever be going back and environmental health have been informed who tell me after inspecting the pictures we took it was infact a German Cockroach!

10  Thank Red Cromer c
Dalia_Spice, Owner at Dalia Spice, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

First and foremost, I apologise unreservedly for your experience.

Thank you for acknowledging that we responded as fully as we were able, by coming to see you immediately, apologising in person, and issuing a full refund.

I should like to take this opportunity to bring you up to date with developments since this incident occurred. We closed the restaurant, voluntarily and without delay. We remained closed for several days, during which time we worked closely with both environmental health and private pest control operatives. Although the restaurant has not been positively identified as the source of the problem, we have undertaken major and comprehensive cleaning and renovation from stem to stern, in a concerted attempt to prevent any further recurrence.

Rather more than a week after we closed the restaurant, we invited environmental health to undertake a follow-up inspection. We passed this inspection with flying colours, and obtained their full support in reopening. Since reopening, we have continued to undertake daily inspections, and shall be doing so for the foreseeable future, with a view to preventing such circumstances from ever arising again.

Potential diners who might feel unsure about the veracity of this statement are positively encouraged to contact environmental health for confirmation of the details.

Of course, none of this detracts from the fact that your experience was both unpleasant and wholly unacceptable, and for this I apologise unreservedly. I hope, however, you will agree that we have done absolutely everything within our power to rectify the situation - to you on the night in question, and to our clientele in general with our actions subsequently.

It is, of course, quite understandable that you are reluctant to return. However, I hope that you do, as this will allow us to rectify the mistakes of the past, and to provide you with the experience you deserve.