“Atrocious”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Went here as a table of 5 a few nights ago.
It wasn't particularly busy, but nevertheless the service was terrible!! It took 30mins until our order was taken, and another 15 until our drinks arrived. Thereafter, it was 45mins for our meals.
Even then, one of our meals was cold. After advising the waiter it was cold, he responded asking if we were sure. Point was proved by holding hand over 'hot' food (which was not steaming) followed by holding finger in middle of dish. Waiter responded by saying it has just come out of the kitchen so should be warm, but, he could put it in the microwave if we wanted.
No further needs be said - appalling.

1  Thank Stanley1987
There are newer reviews for Dalia Spice

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Dalia Spice was closed for a few weeks recently, which left Cromer much the poorer for choice in respect of dining out. We were as delighted to be able to celebrate their reopening as they appeared to be to welcome us back. It was particularly pleasing to note that, despite it being a cold Wednesday evening in early March, the restaurant was pleasantly busy; evidence perhaps that people don't always believe everything they hear with an uncritical ear.

The service was as friendly and warm as ever, and the food was delivered in timely fashion. We like to think that we are reasonably adventurous diners, but sometimes it is hard to drag oneself away from the tried and true. On this occasion, we reacquainted ourselves with some classic favourites - Prawn Pathia for myself, Dalia Special Sag for my partner and Vegetable Dopiaza for our eight-year-old. We accompanied these with a mixture of breads - nan, stuffed paratha and chapati.

I hate leaving food behind, and so felt uncomfortably full as I struggled to my feet to waddle out into the night. From the cheery sounds emanating from the adjoining rooms, the other diners were enjoying themselves just as much as we had done.

So, welcome back to Dalia Spice. How did we get by without them these past few weeks? The great thing is that, on tonight's evidence at least, we are far from alone in asking ourselves this question.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Really friendly, first class service. Had a really tasty, enjoyable takeaway this evening. As a local I will be back very soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Not bad scoff, quite busy. The staff were all right. However that just about sums the place up, just all right. Would I go back, probably not. Then I again, maybe I would.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have been eating here ever since it opened and have always been happy with the food and service. This year we went on a banquet night and found we could hardly finish the meal as we were so full. Good food, nice staff, good location.