The Wellington Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$148
US$237
Cromer Country Club by Diamond Resorts(Cromer)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$128
  • Bar/Lounge
The Red Lion(Cromer)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscourtyard restaurantthe pubmanager nicklovely summerdark woodlovely foodcooked breakfastcraba great place to staymin walkroom was largeexcellent breakfastfruit juicebed and breakfastfull englishwellynoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have been returning to this hotel for the past seven years each time staying 2 nights, the pub is very traditional the staff are very friendly and are on hand if you require anything it is very popular on an evening both with locals and holiday makers. The rooms are nicely decorated with all modern facilities. There is a courtyard round the back with its own restaurant although we have not eaten on an evening here they do serve your breakfast and what a lovely breakfast 3 different type fruit juices a variety of different breads, a selection of tea's cereal and then a full cooked breakfast which will see you till the evening. You do have to remember that this is a pub with rooms but there is no noise from the bar downstairs when you are upstairs. I hope I will be still coming in another seven years.I would like to say a big thank-you to Leona and Simone the owners and all the staff.p.s. it serves the best pint of beer in Cromer.

Simon and Melanie.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at the Wellington for 2 nights, having got the room through Booking.com. We did know the place as we've stayed in Cromer before and had a pint there, although we hadn't really twigged that it did rooms too...
Our room was very clean and beautifully furnished, with a large comfortable bed on which we both slept well. The TV was well positioned and the tea/coffee etc was fine (but what about a fruit tea or two? I pinched one at breakfast the next day to have that evening!).
The bathroom was small but perfectly adequate and clean, with a decent shower. The mechanical toilet caused us some anxiety with the dire warnings posted above it about what happens if you use it in a power cut (How would you know, if you weren't using appliances? Aaargh!), and we took a while to get the hang of how to flush it (maybe that's just us being thick).
However, overall we had a great break and thoroughly enjoyed our breakfasts and both evening meals in the restaurant. I loved the range of crab dishes, and can recommend both the fishcakes and the chowder. Only one negative- my husband likes his sausages well done, and asked for this. They were still pink- but cooked!- when he got them. However, he was too damn British to mention this, so serves him right. Ask for your sausages incinerated if you like them well cooked (Ah..the curse of Masterchef...).
Finally, the precipitous stairs that so many people have mentioned. Well, they're just classic Victorian stairs. We're both a bit overweight, middle-aged and not that fit, but they caused us no grief. That said, we didn't have big cases and we didn't have to go up the second flight. Go for room 2 if you don't want to climb higher...
We'd certainly go back, and felt that we got excellent value for money.

Room Tip: We had room 2 and could hear the sea with the window open (too wet for drunks!). We would ask for this room again.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

love the friendly feel of the pub felt like it was my local. beer prices good service very good on every visit. haven't ate there but will do one day. only negative is small toilets. good for multiple tv for sporting events.

Room Tip: great for wifi and a pint
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Felt like lunch after sitting on the pier for a while in the mad hot British sun. So we didn't have to walk far to find this hotel that also served meals. We ordered in the bar but sat on the patio, the only two problems that we had was smoking was allowed and there was a step down to the patio. I have difficulties in stepping down. So the bar girl said go out the front door and walk round, there was a notice saying do not go out of this door with drink or food in your hand. (or something like that) The girl was very gracious and offered to help which of course we took.
The food was great and mouthwatering and plenty of it, I am quite a small eater but my friend ate most of my chips. When I ordered I said no peas, but out they came on my plate and there were loads, don't people listen any more? So my friend ate them although the waitress said she would take them back. Anyway other than all that it was quite a cgarming place to eat and drink.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Troas
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We enjoyed two special meals at this venue.Fresh local produce prepared by experts and served professionally. The menu was imaginative and varied using locally sourced produce with a twist such as crab linguine and crab rissotto. The clientele was a mixture of locals and holiday makers some returning for a second meal in one week!