“A good place to eat.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Peggottys cafe
Ranked #42 of 83 Restaurants in Cromer
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Norwich, United Kingdom
“A good place to eat.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I've had a meal here twice. The food (vegetarian in my case) was delicious and the quantity and price good. No complaints about the furnishings. The place also has a quiet ambience which I liked (though maybe I have just been lucky to call in when it's quiet). Finally, on my second visit, several weeks after the first, I was recognized and made to feel welcome. Things like that count with me. Probably not the place for a celebration or special occasion but very good for a pleasant lunch-in-passing.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank romalind

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great for coffee/meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I've "discovered" this lovely place many years ago when I first went to Cromer and never failed to go in there ever since either for a hot drink or a meal. The decor makes me feel warm and welcomed. I particularly love the wooden mermaid sculpture on the wall. The food is very good and affordable. I definitely recommend this place if you like a straight-forward, no-fuss place to shelter from the wind and sea air!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Breizhonat
Cromer, United Kingdom
“caff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is definitely a 'caff' as opposed to cafe! Coffee awful, only had 2 sips. However, my partner thinks its good!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank triciafromnorfolk
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Where Dot Cotton serves food in hell”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

My god. I do not think that there are enough negative words in the world to describe how vile a dive this place is. The place itself looks like it opened in 1950 and nothing has been done to it since. The toilet facilities leave a lot to be desired - small, smelly and dank - and this the women's toilet. In terms of the food I would say I have had better quality from a burger for a fraction of the price. Like a previous comment made, they have poor quality food at a relatively high price and I sincerely wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. The only redeeming feature of this "establishment" was the sweet girl that served us but even that doesn't warrant this place to be ranked higher than one star.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SusieBear1980
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Good value, not at all bad!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

With other eateries in Cromer hit and miss (including the ludicrously over-popular, and ludicrously over-priced Mary Jane's fish and chip shop which is more hit and miss than most), Peggotty's seems to always deliver decent food at a reasonable price. I go to Cromer regularly, and this little eatery is certainly worth a visit and I've never been dissapointed

• Visited July 2013