“Amber Restaurant - Cromer Country Club”

Amber Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 94 Restaurants in Cromer
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Large Portions of quality food locally produced and good value - The Themed nights are particularly good value

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We had our Christmas lunch here and I have to say it was the nicest turkey I have had in a long time. The food was delicious.
We are a family if two adults and two children. One waitress, the older (not old! Just older in comparison to the others) far far outshone the other staff. She was lovely. The others did not say happy Christmas, did not smile and left us at the reception, waiting to be seated, without even acknowledging our presence. It felt like everything was an inconvenience. Our table was not ready, which was fine, but we were seated and not asked if we want a drink. Our food order was taken and then I had to ask for the drinks order to be taken.
My daughter was ill so left early with my husband. The lovely waitress packed up the rest of the dinner for us to take back.
Two points worth noting. The bill can not be charged to the apartment as a separate company to the country club- this was not clear. The other issue, which we had three years ago when at the same place, is that it takes an age for them to answer emails about bookings. I had to email three times and when they did reply there was not an apology.
I would give five stars for he food, one for the majority of the waiting staff (5 for the lovely one), 3 for the quality of the wine, one for the booking service and one for not having an arrangement with the country club for those staying on site.

1  Thank Dushkas