“Excellent”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cromer
Kent
“Excellent”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have just had a three day dinner bed and breakfast break at this hotel. I cannot praise it and the staff too highly. The reception we received, the general condition of the hotel and the restaurant were all first class. It is for the restaurant however that we give our greatest praise. The menu for both breakfast and dinner was comprehensive, and the food excellent. Thanks to the Chef.
We will definitely return.

VCHowner, Owner at Virginia Court Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent break in Cromer. I am pleased you found the hotel to be excellent, with friendly welcoming staff. In particular I was delighted to share your praise with our whole kitchen team, they work very hard behind the scenes to ensure our freshly prepared breakfasts and evening meals are enjoyed by our guests.
We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Many thanks again

Martin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Just had a two night stay, excellent, pleasant and helpful staff, did not have evening meal but breakfast was first class also everywhere was very clean. Would definitely stay there again. George and Jean

Room Tip: May be better with a back room in the summer
1 Thank George R
Dear George & Jean,

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your short break with us in Cromer and found the whole experience to be lovely. I have made sure to pass on your comments about the cleanliness of the hotel to our housekeeping team, they all work very hard and have a vital role to play in ensuring guests have a great time here in Cromer.
Try our evening meals next time you are here, I am sure you will enjoy them as much as our award winning breakfasts.

Best wishes

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in May 2014 returning today 15th. On arrival we were met by the most charming member of staff and then booked in for dinner which was roast beef. This was excellent and just what we needed after a long car journey. The hotel is situated in the most delightful road and really is just 3 minutes walk from the sea front. There is ample free parking just outside which we discovered can be at a premium in other hotels in Cromer. Our room (6) was at the front of the hotel with a double aspect giving lovely light. It was also really quiet at night despite being at the front of the hotel.
The breakfast every day was top quality. Beautifully cooked with a good choice. The hotel is wonderfully comfortable and beautifully presented everywhere. Each member of the hotel staff we encountered were friendly professional whenever we saw them. Free wifi in the bedrooms and the lounge is a real bonus for keeping in touch.
Overall we found the hotel just lovely. If there is a slight criticism maybe the size of the shower room which was small, and lacked space to place toiletries but we managed.
As a first experience of this part of the UK we were very impressed and will certainly return to this hotel when we visit again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel are really quiet.
2 Thank Monal19
VCHowner, Owner at Virginia Court Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review us following your 4 night stay earlier this month. Naturally we are all pleased you found us to be a Gem of a hotel, in the Gem of the North Norfolk coast!
I have shared your review with the whole team as everyone enjoys hearing that their efforts are appreciated!
We are lucky being situated on a nice quiet tree lined avenue and having lots of room for not only free carparking for all our overnight guests but also a large lawn area with comfortable outdoor seating for enjoying the sunshine in the summer, making us unique amongst the main Cromer hotels.
I am glad you enjoyed your first experience in this part of the country and hopefully you will revisit in the future - there is still lots more to explore!

best wishes

Northampton
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Have just returned from a week at Virginia Court. What can I say, that others before me have not already said. The hotel is brilliantly run by Shaun and Martin and their staff. I cannot single out any single staff member for praise, as everyone we came into contact with were very friendly and efficient. We never got to meet the chef or kitchen staff, but the food was FANTASTIC. Every meal that we ate was tasty and very well presented. The hotel was peaceful and comfortable and kept very clean. We have stayed in four and five star hotels that have not come up to the standard of Virginia Court.
We will certainly be back. Shaun and Martin, the hotel is a credit to you.

Barry and Josseline

Room Tip: Room 2. Spacious with a huge bed
2 Thank Barry37
Dear Barry and Josseline,

Thank you for such a Gem of a review! I have shared it with the whole team as everyone contributes to making such successful visits, both front and back of house.
If you would like to meet the Chefs then it may be worth your while coming for our Christmas break - its the one time of the year I can manage to coax the Head Chef to show his face!

Hope to see you back again at the hotel in the future.

Once again many thanks for such a lovely review.

Biggleswade
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Not at all sure why it isn't rated higher than 3 stars but it is certainly a nice hotel

We stayed for the bank holiday weekend and were very happy with our choice. in my wife's words "I don't think I have ever stayed in such a comfortable and quiet hotel". Our bedroom over looked the road at the front and we had no trouble sleeping even with the window open as there is virtually no passing traffic

The hotel is conveniently placed as the town centre and sea front are both just a short walk. We were able to park on arrival and leave our car there until home time

All staff were very helpful and I felt very relaxed at all times

Our room (8) was clean and well equipped and had an excellent shower cubicle in the en-suite. The hot water was almost instant and always available. Both the room and the en-suite were big enough but I felt that for absolute luxury they could have been a bit larger (and probably more expensive!)

We ate in the restaurant on the sunday night and were both happy with our choices. Breakfast was also good quality, all promptly served

I would have no hesitation in staying here again

2 Thank Mike D
Dear Mike,

I am pleased that you and your wife had such a quiet relaxing break.

We often get asked about the star ratings and I agree it does cause confusion. We are judged as a hotel and as such there are certain services we need to offer to be rated higher such as having 24 hour reception and offering hot meals in bedrooms, which are not demanded by our guests here in Cromer. If we were rated as a pub or inn or guest accommodation (B&B), we would not need to offer these services to be rated 4 stars or higher. Sites such as this do not take this into consideration when placing businesses into the Hotel category, so some that should be in the B&B or Inn sections can appear in the Hotel section even though they are not graded as a Hotel by the official bodies.
The advantage of this site however is that you can read guest reviews and determine whether we offer what guests are looking for and I think the reviews and scores speak for themselves.
We do look forward to welcoming you back when you can once again enjoy our award winning breakfasts, delicious home prepared and cooked evening meals along with some of the best power showers around!
Best wishes

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I booked my room for two nights. I had never stayed there before and i was on a business/social trip. I found the staff very warm, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent and served promptly. The hotel décor was of a good standard. My room a single was clean tidy and a good size.
Loads of off street parking tops 10 min walk to town centre.

if I had to find a fault the walls in my room were lacked sound proofing, having said that i only heard the couple in the next room once.

value for money very good.

would I stay their again, yes indeed I would

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter W
VCHowner, Owner at Virginia Court Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Peter,

Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay with us. I am glad that overall you enjoyed the experience and would return to us again and that you particularly enjoyed the breakfast and the friendly welcoming staff. Noise transference between hotel rooms is the bane of most hoteliers, especially as most of us are used to the routine of noises in our own homes. Thankfully on the whole our guests come for a quiet peaceful relaxing break and as you experienced it is rare to be aware of noise from an adjoining room.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another great value for money break soon.

Kind Regards

Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at the Virginia Court for the weekend it was excellent, the staff were very helpful, the food was superb the rooms were very clean and fresh, we would stay there again without a doubt.
Well done to all the staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Denise Ian B
VCHowner, Owner at Virginia Court Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at the weekend. Naturally we are all delighted you enjoyed the whole experience, please do tell all your friends as well as writing this review - word of mouth advertising is really important to us!

We hope to welcome you back again next time you fancy a visit to our stunning North Norfolk coast for a relaxing weekend break.

Kind Regards