“Fish and chips” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 83 Restaurants in Cromer
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Fast food, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Mary Jane's is Cromer's finest Fish and Chip restaurant and takeaway. Positioned a stones throw from the sea front in the heart of town we have a 47 seat restaurant offering a wide range of cooked to order fish, chicken, burgers and pies. Or choose to takeaway and and sit overlooking the prom or on the pier, fish and chips doesn't get more traditional than that!!
Saltash, United Kingdom
“Fish and chips”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We are on holiday in Norfolk and went to Cromer for the day, after having a nice morning along the sea front we then went on a shopping expedition, feeling very hungry we went to Mary Janes fish and chip restaurant, what a huge disappointment, the service was good and pleasant but the fish was a big big let down , we had cod minus skin but all four of us had lots of bones in it which spoilt our meal completely we had to leave it

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jackie S

“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Used to visit this fish and chip restaurant whenever the family were in Cromer. This last visit was disappointing to say the least particularly when we were expecting the excellent service that we had previously had. Attitudes were poor, food was over greasy, and although the restaurant was not busy it was still overcrowded.

2 Thank PetenZellie N
Oxfordshire
“Lovely fish and chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Lovely quaint fish and chip restaurant attached to a fish and chip shop, so everything came to the table piping hot and freshly prepared. They advise you that the fish they used is not skinned nor boned although it is fillieted. I had plaice and chips, I did find two little bones, so be aware. I enjoyed my meal very much, I love fish and chips!

Visited May 2014
“THE BEST OF THE BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Well today I went to Mary Janes and I was so so happy with the standard of food! It was cooked to perfection! I had to wait to get in but it was well worth it!! The people in the take away were rapid!! They took the the line right down and in very quick time!! 4 days later we went again and say down in the restaurant and were stunned with how lovely the waitresses were! And the food again came very fast! I was so impressed by everything Mary Janes had to offer!! I couldn't help but give them a tip!! Everyone if you're in Cromer go to Mary Janes!!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Ilovefood23456
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Fish and chip experience ever at Mary Janes”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Ok, so I'm not from that neck of the woods, but we were starving. Chippy? Yes why not. Entered, sat down, ordered fish and chips and a bread bun for 2 adults and 2 kids. What arrived? 4 fish with bones in (tricky for the 6 and 8 year old to remove) burnt chips and a stale bread bun. I mentioned to the waitress about the bones. Apparently it says on the menu (at the bottom under the items listed) that there are bones - apparently that's how the prices are kept low. They took the stale bread away and knocked it off the bill. Then went to pay - what, you don't take cards? Where does it say that? I was shown a notice on a rear facing wall by the till which was meters away from where we were sitting. We scraped together all the cash we had, (you can be sure we didn't leave a tip) and left, with no cash left to buy the kids icecream. We won't be going back. But then if you like bones in your fish (they remove them up north), burnt chips, stale bread and paying by cash, I can see you would think the place is excellent...........

• Visited April 2014