“Hostess has an attitude”
Review of Dublin Pub

Dublin Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Dublin Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 156 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Morristown, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hostess has an attitude”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went to Dublin on June 22nd after a movie. Forgot there was a show in town and that the World Cup Soccer game was on and USA was playing. I asked this girl who was standing at the hostess position if she worked there she answered yea so I asked for a table. About five or so minutes later she returned. I made a comment I didn't think you were coming back and her reply to me was she missed the US getting a goal. I told her I'm sorry why don't you ask off when soccer game on so you can enjoy.... Really..... If a person doesn't want to work then they should give up their job to someone who does want to work or find a job that pays more so she doesn't have to be a hostess..... We finally got seated. Food took a little while. One of the waitresses said to us we should get a free desert since we didn't complain about anything or wasn't in a rush. They never came out with desert menu. No follow through. Food was ok once we got it.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Julie B

New Jersey
“Should Have Taken Our $$ Elsewhere”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The positives: My wife said her cosmopolitan was very good, another diner had fish and chips that were also very good.
The negatives: We must have just gotten them on a very bad day. It was not that busy yet we waited well over an hour for our meals.
It took that long to get 2 burgers, and each of them was wrong-the hamburger was as rare as any burger I could imagine and probably was not safe for consumption. That was my burger, the one I ordered medium. The other one was a cheeseburger-only they forgot the cheese. The poor kid who ordered it was disappointed that it had to go back.
One of our orders-a bowl of french onion soup, went to the wrong person and had to be exchanged, the other person who ordered a cup of soup got hers last after everyone had finished eating, and this was all she was going to have for her meal.
The only way that I can accurately describe how awful the service, food and atmosphere was is to confess that for the first time in my life, I left a zero tip. I hated to do it and it was a gut wrenching decision, but I felt that we were just treated badly and with contempt. It is hard to watch your family to be treated that way. We don't get together that often.
The point is we were the ones spending the money and we did not feel like guests, we felt like we were intruding.
Looking back, there are so many outstanding places in Morristown, I can honestly say that we felt like we should have taken our money somewhere else.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Brian M
Montclair, New Jersey
“Pub Atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We have eaten here three times when traveling up to the community theatre. Since it it literally across the street it is very convenient. Be sure to get to the Pub early; it can get very crowded and then service slows to a snails pace.
It has a very Pub like attitude and ambiance. There is a good selection of beers. The food menu has enough to offer good choices. We swear by the Fish & Chips and the burgers.
Overall the staff is very friendly and the food is good. We feel it is worth the trip if you are going into the area.

• Visited May 2014
New Jersey
“Don't go before a show”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Dublin Pub has been around for many ages, but they still don't know the formula for getting guests in and out before a show at the Community Theatre. They always seem to be short staffed, especially in the kitchen. Drinks are pricey, but the food is reasonable. Still a staple in town for a good burger and a beer!

Visited May 2014
New Jersey Countryside
“Very well done”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Very friendly place and great bar food and of course Guinness on tap. Great corned beef sandwich. Nice middle aged crowd.

Visited April 2014