“Chinese in a charming setting”

Cottage II Hunan & Szechuan
Ranked #43 of 159 Restaurants in Morristown
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Morristown, New Jersey
“Chinese in a charming setting”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is our favorite Chinese restaurant in town. We dine in and take out. Their dishes are fresh, tasty, with generous portions. A good value and if dining in, a nice atmosphere with white tablecloths and a hot pot of tea on each table.

Visited October 2013

Rockaway, New Jersey
“Popular lunch place in morristown”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The place never disappoints and the food is consistently good. A pleasant lunch for a decent price with regular Chinese (some Thai) fare in the American style. I cannot count the lunches my colleagues and I had in the place. Returning is an endorsement in itself.....

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“mediocre food with a lot of insults on the side”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The food is hit and miss, okay at best. And on the more expensive side. I did not enjoy being dismissed by the person who said he was the manager when I tried to correct an order. Then the yelling. I left this situation feeling intimidated and quite frankly a little concerned. If you do want to take a chance with the mercurial folk at the Cottage II with the hope of getting some just passable/okay food, be prepared for some anger from the staff if they mess up your order and (god forbid) try to correct it to get what you actually ordered. Go in a group, be confident and try not to be intimidated, expect some yelling and some false accusations. Maybe this is normal in Morristown NJ service industry. I'd love to hear what others have experienced.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Syd S
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Our go to place”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We have a favorite items here we get almost every time we go and they are always great! We've brought friends here too who enjoyed it. It's a BYOB which is nice. Somtimes you have to wait for a table but it's always worth it. Sevice is ok but the food makes up for it.

Visited January 2013
Cedar Knolls, New Jersey
“Awful service”
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

I called at 2pm and asked if they deliver to Cedar Knolls. The man said yes. I called to order at 445 and a different man answers and says they dont deliver here. I explained I was told you do today by one of your co workers. I asked him to check. He said he doesnt believe he comes here and he flat out refused to even ask whomever it was that I spoke with. There are plenty of other places that are local and deliver that at least make an attempt at customer service.