“Nice after the remodel”

The Office Tavern Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Office Tavern Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 159 Restaurants in Morristown
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Description: The OFFICE Tavern Grill: Once an OFFICE Beer Bar and Grill, the OFFICE Tavern Grill is the modern vision of what use to be... A crafted experience just for you, The OFFICE Tavern Grill offers modern American cuisine along with 40 Craft Beers on Tap! Whether you are in the mood for a pint or to grab a meal with friends and family, The OFFICE Tavern Grill offers up a unique space to enjoy some crafted food and crafted beer. Located in Morristown, this location has great night life and brunch on the weekends to cure even the most late of nights
Hackettstown, NJ
“Nice after the remodel”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My friends & I went there for lunch. We all ordered the tavern burger it was very good. Two of us got fries and my other friend got Quinoa Salad which he liked as well. We all got water to keep the price down but it was nice to see it in a big bottle. They did a nice job on the remodel. We ate upstairs overlooking the bar. The waiter was nice. We got our food fast. Was better than last time when were there.

• Visited June 2014

Morristown, New Jersey
“New and Improved !! A+ !!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Office in Morristown opened its doors yesterday after being closed for year. Stop on in, and trust me you won’t be disappointed.
They did an amazing job with the décor and the new seating in the upstairs area. The revamped menu is a reason alone to stop in. They have 40 beers on Tap and have a very extensive wine list as well. They now have a Raw Bar with oysters from the East and west coast. We ordered a few appetizers. Crab dip which had fresh chunks of crab meat and tortilla chips for dipping.. Delicious! Ordered the mussels and frittes. Mussels were very fresh and tasty and came with French fries. Also ordered the Tater Tots which were to die for! For our entrée’s we ordered the Flat Bread Margarita Pizza which is cooked in the new brick exposed oven. Pizza was undercooked and cheese slid right off (ended up sending it back) My husband ordered the chicken and waffles. I have never had that before and I had a taste and was pleasantly surprised how tasty those 2 combinations are together! YUM! Service was excellent for a first day opening. I look forward to returning!

• Visited June 2014
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Meh”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Been here a couple times and both times the food has been pretty underwhelming. Tasteless, bland and mostly seems premade or frozen. I ordered the ribs last time out from a suggestion form our waitress. She recommended this over the burger and they were chewy, lukewarm and not very tender or flavorful. Skip this place and find another local bar to venture; I won't be returning.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Matthew L
Ohio
“Nice atmosphere, but not exactly vegetarian friendly.”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Guinness on tap -- a big win; that was my first priority when I selected The Office for dinner one evening. I don't eat meat, and finding something on the menu that didn't have to be ordered with the phrase "could you hold the meat" was impossible. While not on the menu, they do offer a veggie burger, but sadly the evening I was there they were out, so it is possible to get something non-meat if you are lucky. I had them hold the chicken from a fettuccine dish to which it did seem that they did add more freshly steamed veggies to, but the pasta was over cooked (a huge no-no in my book and the reason for the average rating).

This is certainly a great place to meet up with friends for a drink or two, and very convenient to the parking garage if you don't want to fight for street parking.

I will go back, but probably will find someplace else to eat unless they've got their veggie burger on hand.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank rocklizzard
sparta, nj
“Good value....trip down memory lane”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This used to be a favorite haunt.....25 years ago! Recently went back for dinner. Had grilled salmon with sauteed spinach and subbed the rice for sweet potato fries. $14. Very reasonable. We had a great waitress. Place hasn't changed much. Good selection on menu for bar type food and family dining. And got a Genessee cream ale (in a can....I know this is a trip down memory lane so had to recreate tastes from my youth) for $2.50. Meanwhile husband opted for a draft specialty beer.....for $8. Son had short ribs with mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach which he really enjoyed.....that was preceded by buffalo wings. Also enjoyed.

• Visited January 2013