“Great Little Hidden Gem”
Review of Ming II

Ming II
Reserve with OpenTable
Ming II is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 163 Restaurants in Morristown
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cattano Avenue
Description: Ming II reinvents the Pan-Asian cuisine that Ming Restaurant, in Edison, NJ, has become famous for. Among the traditional Indo-Chinese, Malay, and Thai favorites, Chef Michael Chu prepares a wide array of mouth-watering delicacies. The intimate dining space has curved ceilings and soft-lighting to make it feel romantic and cozy. The breath-taking wine room features a wide array of wines from around the globe.
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Decided to give this place I found here on TripAdvisor on New Year's Eve with my wife and another couple. It was a fantastic meal. However be prepared, it is more family style than indicated by the menu/website. My wife and I shared the BBQ Duck (which is an Asian twist on BBQ sauce using hoisin and other Asian ingredients, and the Pad Thai. Our friends had the Chicken Teriyaki, Chicken and Broccoli, and an order of Jasmine Rice. All the food was absolutely delicious, well seasoned/flavored, and good sized portions. We all had cocktails, which were well flavored, contained good amounts of alcohol, and were priced about where we would expect. Service was good, food did take some time to come out, and the atmosphere was terrific. Okay value, I do agree it's a little pricey but the quality is definitely there.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Be prepared not to hear your table mates or see your food. The place was hopping nonetheless. I found it average but overpriced Chinese food. I would eat here again on someone else's dime and request.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I always love to follow up a holiday turkey dinner with Chinese food, so I was very thankful that Ming II was one of the few restaurants open in Morristown on Thanksgiving night. Since we are from out of town this was our first visit to the restaurant, and it was a bit hard to find down long anonymous corridors of an office complex. Once you are inside, Ming takes you completely away from it all, and you find yourself in this beautiful, warm, windowless environment that is cozy, ambient, and sophisticated at the same time. Entrees are a little expensive ($16-$20 for most, and then another $5 for rice) but can be shared. We had the kung pao chicken which was fantastically flavorful and spicy--just what you want after a bland Thanksgiving dinner. Staff and the other patrons were very friendly, and there was just a wonderful casual vibe.

This is the best Asian food I have had so far in New Jersey, and I will definitely be back!

1  Thank develbow
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This restaurant was absolutely wonderful. The food was the best "pan Asian" food that I have ever had. This fine establishment is located in Morristown so conveniently to other locations. One thing: some of the food on this menu is SPICY!!!! Some of the hottest food I have ever tasted. I am looking forward to returning when I am in the area.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Really spicy food, so spicy that it is not edible. Goldie the manager says that it is the chilli that is hot nothing the chef can do. I could not believe it when he said that. I would highly recommend to go some where else. I assure you no one can treat you any worse than Goldie treats his customers.

1  Thank Bbqrst