“Consistently good”
Review of Ming II

Ming II
Reserve with OpenTable
Ming II is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 156 Restaurants in Morristown
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cattano Avenue
Description: Ming II reinvents the Pan-Asian cuisine that Ming Restaurant, in Edison, NJ, has become famous for. Among the traditional Indo-Chinese, Malay, and Thai favorites, Chef Michael Chu prepares a wide array of mouth-watering delicacies. The intimate dining space has curved ceilings and soft-lighting to make it feel romantic and cozy. The breath-taking wine room features a wide array of wines from around the globe.
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Consistently good”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We've been to Ming II about 10 times over the past 5 or so years.
The food is consistently good - higher end Asian fusion. I think of it as a much higher quality and more authentic version of PF Changs.

As we often do, started with Drums of Heaven and Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Both as good as they usually are.
Also added the Roast Duck Salad. Very good as well.

Entrees were Chili Chicken and Sliced Lamb Massaman. Both were packed with flavor. I've been in a Massaman mode for a while and this didn't disappoint.
Also had Thai Fried Rice with dinner - great to drown it in the Massaman or Chili sauces.

The staff has turned over a lot since the last time that we visited. There was a time that we knew many of the staff and were warmly greeted eat time we visited. Now, it is much less personal with what appeared to be "rookie" waiters to Ming II. But I'm sure they'll catch on.. that's my only minor ding on the night.

Overall, I highly recommend.

• Visited February 2014

Morristown, New Jersey
“Surprisingly delicious”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I've passed by this place many times with no intentions of dining there, but I was invited to join a few friends to celebrate a birthday. I had a fantastic time and look forward to going back. For appetizers we tried the Fried Calamari (which were okay), Spring Rolls (enjoyed by many), and Drums of Heaven (spectacular!). For dinner, we tried the Lobster in Sacha Sauce (okay), Lobster in Hot Garlic Sauce (tasty), Shrimp in Thai Green Curry Sauce (awesome), and Seafood Casserole (very good). Be sure to order a Raspberry Lemongrass Martini. It is to-die-for!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank taurus044
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Amazingly wow”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Discreet and unpretentious from the outside, one gets blown away when you enter. Great interior with a wonderful ambiance

The food is just wow, great portions, great service( ask for Henry).

I was taken there by my cousin and her husband plus other family members on my visit from Europe, it was just wow. Loved it so much I would just visit again to eat there.

Make a reservation to try this pan Asian kitchen

New Jersey
“Fast food quality cuisine with top notch service ambience and prices”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The interior is very modern and interesting. The service is excellent, and the food is well presented and served in very nice china. Even the coffee came in a really neat contemporary matched cup and saucer. The only downside is the food! My garlic chicken dish turned out to be battered and probably deep fried and reminded me of the ubiquitous General Tso's chicken found on every lunch special in the local strip mall based Chinese restaurant. Give methe Number 5 special please and hold the MSG! Everything but the soup was very oily. My Cilantro soup was good, but that the best thing served all night. Dinner for 2 costs us over $70 before tip including 1 soup, 1 appetizer and 2 entrees. I recommend you look elsewhere.

• Visited January 2014
Califon, New Jersey
“Great Little Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Decided to give this place I found here on TripAdvisor on New Year's Eve with my wife and another couple. It was a fantastic meal. However be prepared, it is more family style than indicated by the menu/website. My wife and I shared the BBQ Duck (which is an Asian twist on BBQ sauce using hoisin and other Asian ingredients, and the Pad Thai. Our friends had the Chicken Teriyaki, Chicken and Broccoli, and an order of Jasmine Rice. All the food was absolutely delicious, well seasoned/flavored, and good sized portions. We all had cocktails, which were well flavored, contained good amounts of alcohol, and were priced about where we would expect. Service was good, food did take some time to come out, and the atmosphere was terrific. Okay value, I do agree it's a little pricey but the quality is definitely there.

• Visited January 2014