“Fun little 50th birthday surprise by my kids”

Marjan Fine Persian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Marjan Fine Persian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 160 Restaurants in Morristown
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cattano Avenue
Transit: 5 minutes from train station. Bus stop across the street by the Hyatt Hotel on Speedwell Ave.
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We had a good time and Marjan treated us well at the surprise 50th my kids threw for me and my wife. The food was good and little bit different from the typical middle eastern fare we've tried. Service was very good!

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We had a great meal here, tried the choice of three appetizers and of course, the shish kebab platter combination of chicken, lamb and steak. Everything was extremely well-prepared and delicious! We ate at 6 PM and service was not a problem. We will be back.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Visited on Valentine's day and the restaurant was packed. Having said that, our waitress was very prompt and informative and the food was great. My fiancé and I had the sharing platter and we were not disappointed. The restaurant is BYOB.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We were looking forward to our first visit at Marjan after reading many great reviews on TA. We arrived early for our reservation and were seated right away with menus and water. And then we sat and waited and waited for 20 minutes before someone finally came to our table to say welcome and bring us wine glasses and answer any questions we had. Unfortunately, when your dinner starts off on the wrong foot it sets the tone for the rest of the experience. My husband ordered the lamb shank which came with a giant plate of basmati rice. It was good, nothing too special though. I needed to find a vegan dish and was looking for something with lots of vegetables and lots of flavor. The waitress suggested the Adas Polo which promised braised lentils, onions, raisins and rice. I went with her suggestion, probably should have picked something else. A big plate of mostly rice is not my idea of a healthy, veggie meal.

Overall the restaurant seemed to have some issues with their service. There was a party of 5 seated near us who were there when we arrived. Their food came long after we were served. Unfortunately we won't be returning.

1  Thank NewJerseyBitsy
Reviewed 11 February 2014

If you want to sample some very tasty authentic Persian food in a low maintenance environment, this is the place for you. The food is worth coming back for multiple tastings. I added "fun" to the experience because the owners are friendly and informative.