“A Terrific First Outing”

Marjan Fine Persian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Marjan Fine Persian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 159 Restaurants in Morristown
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cattano Avenue
Transit: 5 minutes from train station. Bus stop across the street by the Hyatt Hotel on Speedwell Ave.
Morristown, New Jersey
“A Terrific First Outing”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My spouse and I dined here two weeks ago when we were staying in a nearby hotel while relocating to Morristown. The welcome from the host was warm and genuine, the service was prompt and attentive, and the food was truly marvelous. We shared the daily kuku appetizer, which was a baked eggplant dish rather like a spreadable souffle, with only a touch of garlic. For our entrees, we shared a Khabob-e Sultani (one skewer fliet, one skewer ground beef and lamb) and an okra-tomato dish. The meat was expertly prepared, deliciously seasoned and cooked just as we had specified. The okra was lovely: fat, tender pods in a tangy, chunky tomato sauce with onions, peppers and other spices. For dessert, we ordered baklavah, which was unlike any I'd ever eaten: made with rolled phyllo, and delicately spiced (I think with curry and/or coriadner), sweet but not tooth-rattlingly-so. It was a terrific meal in a quiet, well-kept restaurant. We will most definitely come back and further explore the extensive menu.

nj
“Nice atmosphere, good food, great service.”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I eat a lot of turkish/afghan/bosnian/ethiopian food. Persian at Marjan was familiar but different, a welcome twist to the usual. For appetizers, we had the eggplant dip which was wonderful - slihtly tangy, nice consistency. Hummus was good as well. Entrées were a stew and a sirloin dish (don't remember the names). I loved both, and rice was a perfect accompaniment. The food is simple, but the best foods usulalky are. The service completed the experience -the waitress was personable and professional. Definitely high on my list of go-to places in Morristown.

Morris Plains, New Jersey
“Wonderful authentic food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My first time having Persian food but definitely bit my last. The service was impeccable, atmosphere very quaint. Food was absolutely delicious. Highly recommend this restaurant.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THE BEST RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I have been traveling to many different restaurants in different country's and I think Marjan Persian grill is one of the best. I go there a lot and I have tryed a lot of their food and it was all amazing. Especially the kebabs,baklava and Persian ice cream. The baklava is fresh and very tasty. Almost every time I go to Marjan grill I see at least 2 customers asking to talk to the manager and they always say "your food is amazing"

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ali M
New Providence, New Jersey
“Very good service”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This middle eastern restaurant is located on a busy street but there is parking right behind the buildings. The restaurant itself is very clean and a little plain inside. The service was very good and the waitress was very friendly and very nice. The food was good but average. We had the filet mignon kabob with balmati rice and the ground lamb and beef kabob with a salad. They offer a summac spice at the table for dipping the meat which adds a different flavor to the food. For dessert we had the chocolate lava cake with icecream, which was very good. The restaurant is a BYOB which is great.

1 Thank Ramadama