“Great steaks and and BYOB”
Review of J&K Steakhouse

J&K Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
J&K Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 161 Restaurants in Morristown
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pine Street
Description: We buy only the best prime cut dry-aged steaks and top quality seafood and lobster available on the market. Our executive chefs prepare all our meals from scratch and with the highest quality ingredients. Once you try our mouthwatering dishes and fresh daily made desserts, you will know there is no comparison.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

For a prime steakhouse nothing matters more than the quality of the steak. I am happy to say that our Filet Mignon was as tender as you could hope for and cooked perfectly.

It is a great bonus that this is a BYOB, you don't see that often for a steakhouse.

The rooms are very well decorated and trendy. It is in a great location on South street just down the block from the MAYO.

The only problem was service. It was at the all important time when the meal is over and you want the bill. That took 20 minutes and after asking the waiter for a bill, had to finally ask the hostess.

1  Thank fnct

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Hubby and I enjoyed our 4-course pre fixe dinner. We're not big eaters, but we wanted to for it anyway. Whatever we couldn't fit in our stomachs would come home with us.

We wanted to try their appetizers, so we went with the 4-course meal. Chorizo Flambe for me and Calamari for my husband. We shared our plates, of course. They were both delicious. The marinara sauce, which accompanied the Calamari, was a bit on the sweet side for my taste buds, so I just sprinkled some lemon on mine. For the second course, I ordered the "Soup of the Day," which was Cream of Mushroom. It came in the most unusal looking soup bowl shaped like a hat; an upside down hat. It was beautiful! The soup was flavorful, but not the best I've eaten. Hubby ordered the Cesare Salad. It was fresh, but again, not the best I've eaten. We both chose the 14-oz NY Strip Steak - medium. It was scrumptious and cooked to perfection. We opted not to order a side and stick with the table order of french fries. They were yummy, but not my favorite cut - shoestring. Desserts were delectable! Creme Brulee and Cheesecake. The brulee had a coating of carmalized sugar that gave a crispy crunch in every bite. The cream was super creamy. The cheesecake was my favorite of the two. So rich and creamy. It's plated so beautifully, too. The portion is small and round, not sliced like a wedge. Service was attentive and informative. Wait staff and hostess were very friendly, but not overbearing. Don't forget to bring your favorite drink. It's a BYO. Enjoy

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Was there with a few friends. The service was spotty and the steaks were just average and waaay overpriced for what you get. Spend a few more $$ and get a real steak at Roots.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We both got the $50 3-course meal. I ordered the NY strip and my husband got the filet mignon. They were both very good..medium well just the way we like it. Desserts were creme brulee and apple bread pudding..both delicious. We would defintely go back again. BYOB. There is a small free parking lot in back of the building, otherwise it's metered street parking.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Was here on a Thursday at 8. Not very busy. Quiet, upmarket, formal atmosphere. Very friendly reception and service. Had the USD 50.00 3 course dinner deal, which was good. Prawn bisque, filet mignon, fries, vegetables and hot chocolate cake. Very nice, but a lot; but hey, it's the USA. The fries were a bit soggy though, would be easy to fix. Wine you could order outside and would be delivered. Price between USD 10 and 30.

Can recommed this place and would go back.