“If you love steak................................”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Roots Steakhouse

Roots Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 155 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“If you love steak................................”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great atmosphere, fun place. Large selection. Steak and Lamb Chops are tender - steak on the small side for the price. Because everything is a la carte, the price tag is high.

• Visited June 2014

Mendham, New Jersey
“Worth the price and travel to this great steakhouse!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Although the prices are a little high, the food can't be beat. The best lamb chops I've ever had by far! The filet mignon was delicious and all of the side orders are also some of the best we've had.
It's a real treat and the location is great because you just walk outside and can stroll through Morristown for desserts or just window shopping. Urban Table next door is the sister restaurant to Roots and the prices are lower and more casual selections. Food is great there too. Service is unbeatable in both.

• Visited December 2013
Paris, France
“business lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

we mentionned that we were in a hurry and they were right on time;they brought those outstanding "brioches" , which you eat in 3 bites with butter !we all had steaks , perfectly cooked according to our requests ( rare and medium ) excellent fries and spinach; we had no time for desert but my host highly recommended them ! obviously he comes quite often.
Room a bit dark for lunch time and noisy ; a bit expensive

• Visited May 2014
NJ
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

The closest to a classic NYC steakhouse in the area (especially so now that Sebastian's is gone). Great food and great service...although not easy on the wallet.

• Visited March 2014
Dover
“soo NOT worth it!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Went to see a show and stopped in for dinner around 845pm Sunday night. They close at 9pm but, agreed to sit us anyway. Several couples walked in after we sat down. At 1st glance, I thought the prices were steep. I told my wife they may bea higher end steakhouse similar to Ruth Chris. I could not have been more wrong. Appetizer of lobster bisque for my wife and French onion soup for me. The bisque was bland and the onion soup was salty. Wife had a glass of wine that seemed less than a glass. I had a Heineken that was warm and I thought was a draft beer until the waiter said it was from the bottle. Btw the waiter was nice and curteous. Wife ordered surf and turf with mashed potatos and I followed waiters suggestion of the NY strip. The came back and said they were out of lobster and mashed. I didnt get angry because we walked in late. He suggested potatos with chorizo that he said were the BEST. She ordered that and I got asparagus. When our food came, her fillet was perfect and flavorful. My strip was too dry on the outside and had ZERO flavor. The only plus was that they were pefectly medium as we ordered. The potatos were horrible and the asparagus was the only other thing that was perfect. We also ordered the "Roots" sauce that waiter said was incredible. It seemed to be A1 sauce with ketschup added. The manager came to ask how everything was and my wife let him have it because I don`t like to speak when I am angry. The threw in a free glass of wine that was aprreciated but, not nearly enough. I will NEVER return and advise you not to go. Not a fan of the ala cart menu or their exaggerated prices. Go at your own risk. Better to travel to NYC and visit Luggers or Sparks.

• Visited May 2014