“Great family day and tradition!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wightman's Farm

Wightman's Farm
Ranked #10 of 29 things to do in Morristown
Westfield, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great family day and tradition!”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I love this farm. I have been going there since I was a child and have great memories of my family spending the day together. I remember climbing among the rows of pumpkins to find that perfect one. The hayride is fantastic. The hay was clean and dry. It gives you a wonderful view of the farm and on a clear day you can see many miles away. The farm can get busy on weekends in the fall so it is best to get there really early. There is a fee to pick apples but after paying for the membership you can return and pick applies as many times as you want. You also get coupons to use towards other purchases in the store. The cider is better than any other cider I've ever tasted. The donuts are soft and fresh, not greasy at all. I love the powder sugar donut! All the staff was friendly and helpful. I go every year and bring my family now. My kids love the farm and ask all the time when we can go back. They are open all year long selling fresh vegetables, flowers, Easter plants, Christmas trees and wreaths. I am never disappointed and you will not be either. Enjoy the farm and the country.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Beth K

Wayne, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Caution~ Avoid this Farm at all times!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This farm was horrible I came here with my family excited and ready to pick some apples and the moment we got here parking was impossible. There was no parking you had to park in some stupid building and then walk a good distance to get to the farm. Once we got there we are astounded with, "Oh you have to pay 11 dollars membership to pick the apples" and then once you payed $11 to enter you pick the apples and pay for them as well. Anything you want to do there like hayrides, eating and whatever you have to pay, and admission isn't free either. This is a crazy place, don't go here unless you have money lying around that you just have to spend or else you'll go mad. Avoid Wightman's Farm at all costs!

Visited October 2013
6 Thank writinggirl17
NJ, USA
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Local farm with lots”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is a very established family farm with great apple cider, pies, cider doughnuts, and produce. During the growing and harvesting season, plus some holidays, there are great family fun things to do. They have pick your own apples, peaches, etc., hay rides, a corn maze, etc. it can get VERY busy during apple picking season in the fall, but it's great place.

Visited August 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wish, wish wish they would go organic”
Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

I love the fruit pies. Great options, flaky crust and quite tasty. I tend not to go for their vegetables. I live on an adjacent street and we all gag and keep our windows closed when they spray the pesticides. Seems unnecessary in this day and age to rely so heavily on chemicals to treat their crops.

2 Thank ljnjks
northern NJ
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best for a Sip of Freshly Made Apple Cider”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

When the best part of this farm is its setting and the worst part is its minimal varieties of produce with too high prices, it's hard to be too enthusiastic about it.

Visited September 2012