“Second visit - not as good as the first”
Review of Urban Table

Urban Table
Ranked #44 of 159 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Urban Table, is located in the new complex of 40 Park Place on the Morristown Green. NJ Urban Table serves breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. The menu focuses on fun, casual fare. The atmosphere is bright and full of Urban whimsy. It offers full service bar featuring great wines, Trap Rock draft beers and delicious shakes and smoothies. We're sure Urban Table will become your new favorite spot to get together for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Don't forget to visit our new Urban Table location in Basking Ridge!
Long Valley, New Jersey
“Second visit - not as good as the first”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Our first visit was in time for the Urban Table brunch menu which is varied and delicious. This time we arrived after 1 pm and had to order off of the lunch menu. It's not bad but very heavy on the burgers and offers NO vegetarian options (other than a plain salad). The waiter said "We have turkey burgers". Unfortunately, last itme I checked, a turkey is not a vegetable. Service was quick enough and we do like the atmosphere but unable to eat anything other than brunch here. My son, who is NOT vegetarian, enjoyed his burger and shake and would highly recommend the Urban Table.

Visited August 2013

Morristown, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Needs new Management”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have been to Urban Table several times. I always give them another shot even though several friends complain about management, or lack there of, all the time. I honestly think Saturday's brunch was my final shot. I finally convinced a friend to give Urban Table's brunch a shot since she had so many poor lunch and dinner experiences. As soon as we sat down I asked the female waitress if they have gluten free pancakes today (I don't like to get my hopes up in case they ran out in which case I knew i would order an omelette). She said she was certain they did. Joe, our very nice and friendly waiter, came over to take our order. When one of the woman I was with ordered sweet potato fries Joe said he had to check to see if they came in as they had ran out Friday night. Really nice to inform us right up front they might be out.

My two friends and I sat and chatted over coffee and mimosa's for quite a while when another couple had sat down ordered and received their food. 40 minutes after order the manager came over to inform me they had no gluten free pancake mix and asked if i wanted a new menu. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! The very first question I had asked.... The chef does not have a board in the back say 86 XYZ today.... I worked in restaurants my whole life... ALL RESTAURANTS HAVE THIS... Management usually goes over it in the morning... So the Manager (nameless because I saw him for 10 seconds) wearing a pink shirt Saturday August 31st walked back with a new menu and did not say one word to me. Joe my nice waiter looked completely confused when I had a menu and ordered a Spanish Omelette - confused you asked, well I assume he did not know they were out of GF pancake mix as I had to explain to him what happened. COMMUNICATE PEOPLE PLEASE - it can only improve your establishment! (not the only issue - one order was the huevos rancheros which we asked "Doesn't this come with beans" no was the reply but we received beans after... the menu does state re-fried beans and we did not receive them)

Needless to say the Manager never came back to say anything, I was charged for my omelette which was fine but Joe was so kind as to bring me a chocolate Ice Cream and apologize on behalf of Urban Table which was mighty nice but not his job unless they want to start paying him a salary. Urban Table lost another customer - Harvest Group does great at all of their other restaurants but needs to pick up the slack on this one!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jdubbs85
pine brook, New Jersey, USA
“Horrible service, manager clearly didn't care”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I went here for a late lunch Saturday. The server was horrible..no smile, no personality. All the severs were joking around, talking across the restaurant to each other. The manager was on the floor but clearly cared just as little as the servers. The food was okay but won't be going back.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Rachel S
Rockaway, New Jersey, Usa
“Great food and a fun atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Love this place! Best burgers in area and they actually cook it the way you order it. Seafood is very good also and ingredients always test very fresh. Waitstaff is hard working and always around to help. Will go back soon!

• Visited June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Glad we stopped in for lunch”
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

My grandmother and I stopped in here for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. It was a first visit for us both. The atmosphere was fun and modern. We found our servers friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. The turkey burger and sweet potato fries a server recommended were fantastic, as was the burger and side salad Grandma had. We both ordered the berry and fruit pie in a jar for dessert - heaven! Happy we both ordered our own rather than sharing : )

• Visited July 2013