I checked in after a long day of work and having been "walked" from my original hotel to this one. Check-in was very friendly and effiecent and I was issued a first floor room. Normally I don't accept a first floor room as they tend to be noisey due to increased hall traffic, but I was too tired to argue the point and at check-in I learned that this hotel was full that night, so there may not have been any other options. I passed the workout facility and noticed that my room was right next door. "Great," I thought, more noise.
I opened the door to my room and there was a large sitting area with a TV and sectional sofa. Back towards me was a kitichen with bar seating at the countertop. Off to the right the door of the bedroom door cut off the corner and there was a handicapped accessable bathroom with roll in shower beyond that. OK, handicapped rooms aren't my favorite, but it's only for 1 night I can make do.
When I walked out of the bedroom and back into the main area I noticed there was a door on the other side of the room containing ANOTHER bedroom with a separate standard bathroom!
The place was huge. I didn't know what to use first. It was like a kid in a candy store.
The sectional sofa was very comfortable and it allowed me to put my feet up and watch some msnbc while checking my email and doing some personal web-surfing.
I normally don't sleep that well the first night in a strange bed, but this night seemed a bit worse than normal. My preference is for a softer bed and firm pillows and what I got was a hard bed and soft pillows. Ultimately, I returned to the comfy and large sectional sofa.
The room and hotel are very clean and inspite of my room's location near the front desk and fitness area I didn't hear any outside noise as I had feared. The staff is very helpful during my short visit.
The hotel is set up to accomodate longer term guests than my overnight stay and I didn't really have a chance to use many of those features.
I cannot speak to the value of rate for this large 2 bedroom suite as the hotel I should have been staying at was responsible for the tab.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the beautiful rolling hills and broad valleys of northern New Jersey, yet within walking distance of the Morristown Municipal Airport, the HYATT house(R) Morristown offers travelers a relaxing place to stay paired with easy access to popular local attractions like the Mayo Center for Performing Arts, the Mall at Short Hills and IZOD Center. Perfect Morristown Hotel for Any NJ Trip The HYATT house(R) Morristown is also an excellent option for business and leisure travelers. If you're traveling for work, you'll appreciate our modern amenities like free hotel-wide Wi-Fi and a 24-hour Business Center with state-of-the-art equipment as well as our close proximity to Park Avenue at Morris County and the corporate offices for Honeywell, Novartis and Bayer. Fantastic Family Hotel in Morristown Families and leisure guests will find our hotel perfectly suited for great vacations, as we're centrally located to top attractions like Morristown National Historical Park and The Funplex, and we offer convenient amenities like a complimentary breakfast every morning and fully equipped kitchens in every room. For college students and their guests, our Morristown, NJ hotel is convenient to Fairleigh Dickenson University, Drew University and Seton Hall University. For more information regarding local restaurants and activities near our Morristown hotel, please visit our Activities page. You can also view our Hyatt Destinations New Jersey guide for insider information on local culture, restaurants, shopping, events and more. Comfortable Amenities At HYATT house Morristown, we know what our guests need for an enjoyable stay. From our complimentary Morning Spread with made-to-order omelets to our complimentary Evening Social with cheeses, wines and beer, we have your needs covered. Stay connected to home or the office with our free Wi-Fi, swim a few laps during the spring and summer in our outdoor pool, run a mile or two on the treadmill in our 24-hour StayFit Gym or host a legendary event in one of our two function rooms. For your comfort, all Hyatt house hotels are smoke-free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your HYATT house Morristown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Morristown Hotel Morristown
- Summerfield Suites Morristown
- Hyatt Morristown
- Morristown Hyatt
- Morristown Summerfield Suites