“Excellent option over Short Hills Hilton” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of HYATT house Morristown

HYATT house Morristown
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
“Excellent option over Short Hills Hilton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

No begging for an upgrade or to use club lounge or get robbed by room service or 35.00 for an omelette
Here
Everyone gets a suite, free breakfast, free everyone evening hors d' oeuvres and FREE wine

Also

Manager Karen Bennett is a GEM as are all staff

The Best
Around corner from Jets Training camp
Football stars always on property

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank njtrvl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I checked in after a long day of work and having been "walked" from my original hotel to this one. Check-in was very friendly and effiecent and I was issued a first floor room. Normally I don't accept a first floor room as they tend to be noisey due to increased hall traffic, but I was too tired to argue the point and at check-in I learned that this hotel was full that night, so there may not have been any other options. I passed the workout facility and noticed that my room was right next door. "Great," I thought, more noise.

I opened the door to my room and there was a large sitting area with a TV and sectional sofa. Back towards me was a kitichen with bar seating at the countertop. Off to the right the door of the bedroom door cut off the corner and there was a handicapped accessable bathroom with roll in shower beyond that. OK, handicapped rooms aren't my favorite, but it's only for 1 night I can make do.

When I walked out of the bedroom and back into the main area I noticed there was a door on the other side of the room containing ANOTHER bedroom with a separate standard bathroom!

The place was huge. I didn't know what to use first. It was like a kid in a candy store.

The sectional sofa was very comfortable and it allowed me to put my feet up and watch some msnbc while checking my email and doing some personal web-surfing.

I normally don't sleep that well the first night in a strange bed, but this night seemed a bit worse than normal. My preference is for a softer bed and firm pillows and what I got was a hard bed and soft pillows. Ultimately, I returned to the comfy and large sectional sofa.

The room and hotel are very clean and inspite of my room's location near the front desk and fitness area I didn't hear any outside noise as I had feared. The staff is very helpful during my short visit.

The hotel is set up to accomodate longer term guests than my overnight stay and I didn't really have a chance to use many of those features.

I cannot speak to the value of rate for this large 2 bedroom suite as the hotel I should have been staying at was responsible for the tab.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
West Caldwell, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We returned to our old hometown for a family wedding and stayed in the hotel we had stayed in years ago for an extended stay when our house was being renovated. Unfortunately, the rooms are in need of updating, especially the bathrooms. The vanities are low, bathrooms very small, with stains and cracked molding, paint etc. evident. Disappointing, even though a good value.
We will not return and look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Falconer, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Our entire softball team stayed with the Hyatt House for five days for a nearby tournament. This hotel is fabulous. Their breakfast was great, lots of options including made to order omelets. The rooms were perfect, very clean and tidy. The kitchen has everything you need to live there. Erin worked with us to get us a great rate and we were thrilled. The staff went above and beyond for our team. The evening social hour was great, we were all bummed we missed it one night. We used the grills and had a cookout. I can't say one negative thing about this place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Warren, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

We were on our way to Pennsylvania and stayed at this hotel for a weekend night. 2 bedroom suite is perfect for 2 families -each room has it's own bathroom - and the price is almost half of weekdays. Room is comfy and clean, and breakfast is good too.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Thane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Overall, I think this is a nice play to stay in. You must however have a car as this place is nowhere near anything.

I often stay at this hotel whenever I visit one of my clients in Basking Ridge. The locality is pretty expensive and that reflects in the pricing of the hotel.

I like the rooms - you get a separate bedroom and there is a separate sofa that pulls out into a bed in the hall. There are TVs in both the hall and the bedroom.If you have children with you its nice for them to have a separate room.

If you take a 2 room, you get 2 bedrooms and a hall. Both bathrooms have bathrooms attached.The breakfast is the usual cholesterol overload. There is an evening social hour. The snack is best left alone.

The staff is polite and there are some snacks to be bought in the lobby if you get hungry and you feel rich because they are pretty expensive.However, you do get complimentary drinks which is nice. If you are planning an extended stay, get some food along as there is nothing decent to be had for miles. There are a lot of conference or trainee groups around at any point of time.
Overall it is a good place.

Avoid this place if it is snowing. Its nothing to do with the hotel. Its difficult to get there because they dont clear the snow quickly here. I had a tough time driving to this hotel when it snowed during my last trip here. My car skidded and my tire burst. Luckily this happened near the hotel. And I was able to cover the last mile with steering that was not quite working. But the place did look nice with all the snow and the trees around the hotel.

Room Tip: Get your car. Dont go when it is snowing
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

I recently stayed at Hyatt House Morristown for 9 nights while in New Jersey for my Dad's Memorial Service and Repast. We had the repast there also. Everything went wonderfully from my first phone call to them. I spoke with Erin in catering who was great to work with. We picked out items from the catering menu. The room for the Repast was nice although we ended up having more people than we thought so things got sort of tight. That was not their fault. They were great about getting us an extra table quickly. They have a screen in the room so we were able to do a slide show of my Dad's life. The food and service were excellent. We ordered too much food but they packed everything up and we were able to take it with us to share with our family and friends.

The rooms - We were given a small discount for the rooms since we had the Repast there. The weekends are really reasonable at $99/night. Weeknights are more. The rooms were very comfortable for my Mother and I. She had the bedroom and I slept on the pullout couch which was very comfortable for all 9 nights. The room was refreshed every day and was very clean. The employees were always smiling at us and saying Good Morning. The breakfast was the best hotel breakfast I have ever had. My husband and I take many road trips so have experienced many hotel breakfasts. There was an omelet station. Every day they had scrambled eggs and either potatoes or bacon or sausage. Some days were french toast or waffles or pancakes. Cold cereal and fresh cut up fruit. Also bananas, apples, oranges. Oatmeal. Bagels, english muffins, toast and pastries. After 10 days this place really started to feel like home.

Room Tip: As for a room away from the entrances. When people put their room key in the door from outside it c...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
BEST WESTERN PLUS Morristown Inn
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center

Been to HYATT house Morristown? Share your experiences!