“Excellent”

HYATT house Morristown
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt House for 1 night with two of my girlfriends and we had 2 other guests meet us for drinks in our room before hitting the town. When we arrived we were surprised at how spacious the room actually was. I imagined the kitchen area to be smaller with "kitchenette" style appliances, this was not the case. The kitchen had a full size fridge, full dishwasher, stove, microwave, and dishes/utensils. The room was very clean and the furniture was very comfortable. The living room has a wonderful wrap around couch facing a small flat screen TV, the couch was very soft. The bedroom had ample space between the two beds and a bathroom area big enough for 3 women to comfortably share space while "prepping" for a night on the town together. The breakfast was good, I don't eat breakfast foods but my companions enjoyed the variety of English muffins, bagels, eggs, potatoes, and cereal and drink options. We requested a late checkout and the hotel accommodated with no problems, which was greatly appreciated. I sell hotels and car rentals for a living and I would undoubtedly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for accommodations in the Morristown area, absolutely wonderful experience. One last thing, the middle of town is not in walking distance from the hotel as it resides on a highway so we had to take a cab into town, for the 2.5miles into town (we ended up at the Famished Frog, excellent food) we spent $15 pre-tip. Not bad at all!!

Room Tip: We had a room near the elevator on the third floor and it did not bother us one bit.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SFS666
There are newer reviews for HYATT house Morristown

Reviewed 13 February 2014

This is my first time staying at a Hyatt House and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The room was very nice with a big comfy bed and nice pillows. The living area was also very comfy too. Made it very east to relax at night.

The breakfast was great. I loved getting a made to order omelet each morning. The evening reception was nice too.

I did have two minor issues. The coffee was really bad and there is no HDMI inputs on the TVs. Other than that, I really enjoyed my two week stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank barmach
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at manny different Hyatt Houses with family while traveling around. This time we are at Hyatt House Morristown. As usual, there's never disappointment. We had two bedroom suite. For the price and service, I don't think there's any complaint. It's a better family suite hotel chain than the homewood or others.

Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank privateandylau
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Only 25 min from Newark airport, HHM is actually more of suites (apartment) hotel but facilitate also as a regular hotel in terms of facilities. Located not far from Morristown center and very near to main highways. The room was very big with separate kitchen (fully equipped) , living room and bed room with 1 king size bed. In the living room you have enough space for all your activities especially as a business person. Worth to know that sockets are only American. Big fitness room (I didn't use due lack of time) can serve all the runners that don't want to be feezed in winter time. Free Wifi complete the good experience for the business traveler. Beside being big, the room was clean although old decorated like many hotels outside big cities.
Breakfast was good with most of the necessary ingredients (I would appreciate fresh vegetables).
Probably be back if around

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ofer N
Reviewed 29 November 2013

After working for Hyatt for 4 years... had the opportunity of experiencing Hyatt's Hospitality. All the staff right from the General Manager to the Front Desk, to the Kitchen staff and Maintenance team... were extremely polite and made sure that I had a comfortable stay... Even the property is little old and has been renovated... rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Living room was large enough for me and my colleague who stayed with me for almost 10 days. Being a vegetarian, I look forward to cook myself most of the times... and the kitchen was very well furnished with all necessary utensils and equipments for that. The evening socials could be better to include some more veggie options and the morning breakfast was served with omlette and French toast. Overall, it has been an outstanding experience, and would like to go back with my family!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Krishnanantha
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was impressed as soon as we checked in. The receptionist was pleasant and helpful. Parking lot is large and well lit. The suite was very spacious. A separate bedroom with king bed, a dressing room, and bathroom. The living room was large with a comfortable kitchen. Everything was great, location, full breakfast bar. Clean and comfortable. Home from home. A winner.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ladylitauk
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I had the privilege of staying for a few weeks at the Morristown NJ Hyatt House and really got to know and enjoy the staff.

Karen is an awesome manager. She really stepped up to the plate for me. I was having an allergy issue and she was so accommodating. She personally stopped what she was doing and took me to the lounge to talk. Before I knew it the situation was resolved and we were in a fresh room and I started feeling allot better. I really appreciated her kind and personal approach.

I also appreciated the rest of the staff: Betthany, Guilliane and Rachael as well as the others worked hard to keep the rooms fresh and were always there for any extras. Everyone on the housekeeping staff always took a moment to greet us and give us a beautiful smile. Very pleasant.

The kitchen staff was wonderful. Especially Winnie she was always so pleasant each morning. Always with a smile on her face trying to be helpful. She took very good care of us. We appreciated the variety for breakfast and the Pizza nights were wonderful!

As for the front desk Vey, Kristen as well as the others always there and pleasant for our needs.
I appreciated their efficiency and professionalism.

The maintenance staff were also there anytime we had something that needed attention. Richard was always there ready to access the situation and remedy things in an efficient and pleasant way.

All in all we enjoyed the comfortable yet professional atmosphere.

When we are back in the area we look forward to returning.

Thank you!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the main elevator are easy access to dining, laundry, business center and front desk...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 821Cat89
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany

Been to HYATT house Morristown? Share your experiences!