“Nice room, comfy bed, and pet friendly!”

HYATT house Morristown
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was happy with the room; it was comfortable and had plenty of space. I love that it was pet friendly and our dog was very satisfied with the room and the "pet walk" area. They have a nice complimentary cocktail hour. The breakfast is also very good. I was well satisfied and would stay there again. The front desk staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My stay lasted just one night - barely 16 hours - at the Hyatt House, but when we left for a swim meet at Seton Hall University at 7 a.m., I walked away pretty impressed. I had booked a standard room with 2 double beds because it had a good price and was as close or closer to Seton Hall as any other hotel I considered. I must say, I was pretty blown away to open the door on a two-room suite plus kitchenette that was essentially a one-bedroom apartment.

The foyer opened to a work area featuring a table with comfy aeron-like chair, but with just one set of outlets in easy reach that made keeping everything powered somewhat tricky. The living room itself had a very large comfy sofa opposite a flat-screen TV, and the kitchenette had some pretty sleek appliances including a full fridge, oven/range and dishwasher. The bathroom was clean with a great shower, although with the sink outside the door, you're probably gonna wake someone when you brush your teeth before bed.

Of note, the free wireless was phenomenal for a hotel; I consistently got 7-8 Mbps download speeds, pretty awesome for free hotel wifi, and I was able to stream Amazon Instant Video to my iPad without any issues. The problem is that the wireless network is not secured, it's just an unprotected public hotspot named "hyatt" that asks for your name (any input will work) to log you into the internet - if you've got a VPN you'll want to use it. One other tech complaint: analog cable - really? I haven't seen a fuzzy TV signal like that in quite a while. They do have a breakout out you can use to connect a HDMI, VGA, standard video or 1/8-inch audio signal, and I wish I'd remembered to bring my iPad-to-HDMI cable.

The breakfast spread looked good - they were just starting when we left in the morning but we were able to get a pretty good cup of coffee and some bagels. And when I discovered I needed a toothbrush and toothpaste, the staff didn't charge me for them. The room overlooked the courtyard and pool although the light rain kept us inside. There were numerous food options a few minutes down Columbia Turnpike that made finding dinner pretty easy.

Clearly designed for a longer-term business traveler, the Hyatt House was just as excellent for our brief overnight stay. Wish we could have stayed longer and taken advantage of all the room and hotel had to offer. I'd certainly look to stay here next time I need to be in the area, and I'd definitely lean towards Hyatt House hotels in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My bus family stayed at the Hyatt House again this yr what a wonderful time we had we do not have any problems the food was great we had 20 rooms, the staff was so good we will be coming back again next yr 56 people was on the bus thanks Hyatt House .

Room Tip: All rooms r good
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
HhMorristown, General Manager at HYATT house Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Doris P,
We are glad the Pugh Family Bus Tour was a success again this year. Thank you for your business. Both Erin and I look forward to working with you again next year.

Best,
Matt Dixon

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a week since there were no rooms available in Hyatt Morristown.
I was pleasantly surprised by the size of rooms. It had a full stocked kitchen area, living area with TV, separate room with a TV too closet for changing which was attached to bathroom.
Rooms were nice & clean though the fittings in bathroom seemed to be worn out & old.
This hotel is more for people who come for long stays & not for ones who are in for a short stay.
There is no nearby areas of attraction which you can walk by & you need to have your own vehicle.
They provide a shuttle to travel within 5 miles radius though.
There is no restaurant which serves lunch or dinner. They have a good breakfast lay out & in evening they provide free snacks which includes unlimited aerated drinks, 1 glass of alcoholic drink & other snacks like nachos, slasa, pizza etc.
Gym is small & not very impressive.
Overall I will say its a good alternative for people who would like to cook their own food & doesnt get accommodation in Hyatt morristown.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Well located for the many businesses headquartered in or near Morristown, New Jersey, this hotel fails to please in almost every category. In serious need of an upgrade, expect to find worn carpets, dirty rooms (the layer of thick dust and dirt on the shelf in the closet is repulsive) and and walls patched many times over. Unfortunately, the disappointments don't end there. The front desk staff does not communicate, so confusion abounds as they provide incorrect directions to travelers (no shuttle available, when it was right outside and ready to go), a lack of knowledge about local restaurants (no meals past breakfast at this hotel) and other gaffs (three time providing incorrect information to our taxis). Rooms are large and well appointed and the beds are very comfortable. However, that is the end of the good news. If you can, find another hotel that can provide at least basic services. This hotel fails at every level.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt House for 1 night with two of my girlfriends and we had 2 other guests meet us for drinks in our room before hitting the town. When we arrived we were surprised at how spacious the room actually was. I imagined the kitchen area to be smaller with "kitchenette" style appliances, this was not the case. The kitchen had a full size fridge, full dishwasher, stove, microwave, and dishes/utensils. The room was very clean and the furniture was very comfortable. The living room has a wonderful wrap around couch facing a small flat screen TV, the couch was very soft. The bedroom had ample space between the two beds and a bathroom area big enough for 3 women to comfortably share space while "prepping" for a night on the town together. The breakfast was good, I don't eat breakfast foods but my companions enjoyed the variety of English muffins, bagels, eggs, potatoes, and cereal and drink options. We requested a late checkout and the hotel accommodated with no problems, which was greatly appreciated. I sell hotels and car rentals for a living and I would undoubtedly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for accommodations in the Morristown area, absolutely wonderful experience. One last thing, the middle of town is not in walking distance from the hotel as it resides on a highway so we had to take a cab into town, for the 2.5miles into town (we ended up at the Famished Frog, excellent food) we spent $15 pre-tip. Not bad at all!!

Room Tip: We had a room near the elevator on the third floor and it did not bother us one bit.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SFS666
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
#5 of 5 in Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany

Been to HYATT house Morristown? Share your experiences!