HYATT house Morristown
US$377
Westin.com
The Madison Hotel(Morristown)(Great Value!)
US$206
Hyatt Regency Morristown(Morristown)(Great Value!)
US$205
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn(Morristown)(Great Value!)
US$164
Red Carpet Inn(Whippany)
US$71
US$64
US$265
Hampton Inn Parsippany(Parsippany)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$171
Hampton.com
All reviewsfull kitchentwo bedroom suitefront deskliving areabasketball courtflorham parksmall kitchenhyatt placevery nice stayomelette stationnice roomfree breakfastnew jerseydrew universityhome away from homebed was very comfortablerooms are large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I had my wedding block here this past weekend. If I had to do a wedding block again, I would most certainly NOT do it here, however maybe they are better with business conferences and people who are staying here for just business.

Pros: I worked with Erin mostly, who was informative, accommodating and incredibly responsive. She set up our block and conference room contracts. When we arrived (and I almost had a heart attack, see the cons section), Erin actually arranged for us to have the large conference room we reserved the entire weekend. Though the previous contract stated no outside food or drinks allowed in the conference room, she let us have our rehearsal dinner there (we had brought in sandwiches and drinks to hang out by the grills) and we even congregated there after the wedding. The conference room access was a really great touch, but I have a feeling that it was to compensate for the rest of our hotel experience.

Cons:

- The month before the wedding, I was in contact with Erin's back up while she was on leave and it seemed like no information was passed on from the details of our wedding block. When more guests started reserving their rooms, we started getting complaints that no 1-bedrooms were available, and after reviewing our list of reservations it was obvious that there was a discrepancy between our contract and what the system was allowing. I had to step through the math with the sales manager who confirmed we should have had plenty of 1 bedrooms in our block.

- Because of the number of people for the wedding block, they rented out two school buses to provide shuttle service to and from the venue at specific times. I was under the impression that we would have a staggered, continuous service of 1 or 2 shuttles (22 seater vans) from the hotel to the venue. But this service was complimentary so I didn't complain. They did their job as aesthetically displeasing seeing buses roll up to pick up the wedding party is.

- They overbooked our hotel and at least 3 people had to be placed in a nearby hotel. Also, several people didn't get the hotel rooms they actually booked. The explanation we were provided was that a large group staying with the hotel prior extended their stay and there was another large group using the hotel with us. But in the end, I just didn't understand how we would be allowed to 'reserve' a hotel room that wasn't available. The 3 people placed in the nearby Hyatt were out of town guests that didn't have cars of their own and had to be picked up the next day. 2 of those people were groomsmen. My own mother, who booked two trio suites 7 months beforehand, was told that one of her bedrooms wasn't available and given a regular two bedroom at 50% off.

- Though check out is scheduled at 12PM and check in scheduled for 3PM, a lot of the guests arriving were told that they needed to wait on their rooms at least 45 minutes. Again, my guests were almost all out of town (ranging from Maine, Virginia, to Long Island), so we had piles of people with cart loads of stuff waiting in the lobby almost an hour just to be able to gain access to their rooms. If they had all arrived at 3PM I would have been more understanding---but some people arrived at 4 or 5 and were still being told to wait on their rooms.

All in all it was a bit of a mess of a block. The conference room arrangements were nice, but I don't think I'd ever try to orchestrate a huge block here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Aileen T
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel was very nice, very clean and the rooms were great. I would have given it a 5 but everytime I went to the pool there were NO clean towels. I had to request towels by walking all the way back to the front desk. Then it would take at least 30-40 min to have someone come out with the towels. Needs improvement of the pool maintenance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HhMorristown, General Manager at HYATT house Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Danielle G,

Thank you for staying at the HYATT house Morristown and for taking the time to complete a review of your stay on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and will work with our housekeeping department to do a better job with the upkeep of the pool. We hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

i was traveling with 3 other people. we booked 2 rooms on hotwire and the hyatt house in morristown is what we ended up with. turns out it was just perfect for us. we were in NJ to visit with relatives and to spend a day in NYC. the hotel is minutes from everywhere we wanted to be. it took us less than 30min to drive into NYC on sunday morning.
the rooms are large and comfortable. everything looked clean. the bed was perfect. the rooms have a full kitchen- stove top and oven in addition to a microwave. trader joe's is only a few miles down the road.
breakfast in the morning was good enough. scrambled eggs and usually bacon with either french toast or pancakes; the usual toast/bagel/muffins and cereal selections.
the hotel was pretty well booked, lots of kids running in the hallways but them bedrooms themselves were pretty quiet. we plan on staying again next time we're in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I w,

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor. We hope you had a great visit with your family in NJ and a fun trip into NYC. We hope you will choose to stay at HYATT house Morristown again the next time your travels bring you back to our area.

Best,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We have never stayed at Hyatt House and wanted to try it (we like Hyatt Place) and were we disappointed. This property needs a major renovation and cleaning. It was quite full the night we stayed and I'm guessing it gets a lot of traffic and maybe that explains the condition. We would never stay there again and I am hoping this Hyatt House is not representative of other motels in this branch of Hyatt.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Judith Z.,

Thank you for taking the time to review HYATT house Morristown on TripAdvisor following your stay in July. Please allow me to apologize for both the condition and cleanliness of the hotel during your stay. The hotel is excited about our lobby and public space renovation in Q4 2014 and room renovation in 2015. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Best,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Large, clean rooms allow you to setup for work and keep it away from where you sleep (critical to try and unwind when traveling). The location is pretty good near to the freeways and not far from some major multinationals. Breakfast is the typical complimentary selection for modern chain hotels and the staff were always friendly and polite.

Just be careful of your room location. I got in late and didn't realize how close I was to an external door and elevator. My sound machine really helped but the constant comings and goings were pretty disturbing for a light sleeper.

Slightly more unsettling was the motion detector in the room constantly pinging whenever I moved an inch or two. Although there's probably a good reason it's there it made me feel less secure than I have in a hotel in a while.

Room Tip: Stay away from 173. It's right by an exit door, elevator and main housekeeping storage. The noise is constant day and night. Thankfully I had earplugs and a sound machine!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business