“Great hotel if you have a reason to be in Morristown!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of HYATT house Morristown

HYATT house Morristown
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Maryland!
“Great hotel if you have a reason to be in Morristown!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2010

Very nice hotel- we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which was spacious and well maintained, had everything we needed. Breakfast in the morning was great with plenty of sitting room, nice area. We were there for a wedding closeby, but if you didn't have a specific reason to be in the area there is absolutely nothing closeby in terms of shopping and restaurants. Staff was so friendly, helpful-- in fact, my husband had a hankering for pizza one night and he asked for numbers for delivery. The guy manning the desk told him everything was closed but he had one whole pizza pie left from a hotel pary that he could have! so nice. There's a little shop where you can buy some basics and snacks. Full kitchen which is nice. Nothing to complain about!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Marylandmama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
new york, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

I had never stayed at a Summerfield Suites before (when staying at similarly priced hotels, I usually stay at Courtyards at Hampton Inns) and was a little skeptical. I was shocked.. it was fantastic!! Seriously! I would stay here again in a heartbeat. It was recently renovated, flat screen tv's, stainless steel appliances etc and very spacious, and also decorated quite nicely, especially the living room. The people working there were very polite and helpful, too. The TV had a great range of channels (more than typical hotels - I was able to get my Real Housewives fix on Bravo!) and the bed was very comfortable. I would definitely go back!

Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank cpapa84
Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2010

The hotel is actually quite good, maybe not the best standard for bathroom up-to dateness, or furniture style but ok. Great sofa to strech out... Having a kitchen in your apartment is also great. A big refrigorator, and everything you need for cooking (can opener, colander, diverse pans and pots....) is also included. Staff is very friendly giving tips all around travelling to NY, you don't need to pay if you want to print something in the business centre and the room service puts your dirty dishes in the cleaner and puts it on everyday. that's wonderful. But: When I was there there were only families around, spending their holidays. And this means, you don't go to a pool as a single man, or to the barbeque area (also great feature!) when there's only kids and families. You feel strange. I was there alone for business reasons, and there was hardly anything else to do at the hotel (no restaurant or bar f.ex., no beer sold at the shop...) I wasn't out for party but i felt a bit isolated. AND: the breakfast is (even if complimentary) not to be recommended: only fat and sugar! self-served in plastic bowls and and plastic cutlery. and coffee from paper cups. Am I being to european to complain about that? I don't know. The breakfast room at least looks like a McDonalds (a nice one though)... Result: Breakfast in my room, alone, again ... Another disadvantage. Even with the aircon switched off, there was a quite loud thunk humming to hear in the room... not easy to get asleep with it.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2010

For the most part of the evening I found the room to be in very nice & clean condition.
When I woke up in the morning to brush my teeth, I come to find a used bandaid lingering around the sink hole.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites for one night. Considering some of the reviews, I didn't expect to much. I must say though, I was pleasantly surprised. The staff here was very accomodating and helpful. We needed some extra towels and they were given to me at the front desk. The room was very clean. It has a small kitchen and also a coffee maker. There aren't any stores or restaurants within walking distance, so you do need a car. At breakfast (included in the room rate), I would have like to have seen some Cheerio's instead of Fruit Loops and another sugary cereal. There were Corn Flakes though, and with a banana and an english muffin, it did the purpose. There is a business center with computers to check your e-mail if you wish. There is also a fitness center, as well. The best part are there is no charge to use either facility.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2009

My family of six stayed at the Summerfield Suites for one night before going into NYC for the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. We found the two bedroom Trio suite for 169.00 fit our large families needs just fine. We didn't stay long but we enjoyed our visit. The complimentary breakfast buffet was hot, substantial and filling. The staff gave us directions to the NJ Transit, Coventry train station. The visit worked out well. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. Plenty of flat screen TVs. I would recomend it to anyone looking to go to NYC area but does not want to pay big city prices.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank GravyBoatr
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2009

I think the Hyatt Summerfield Suites is an excellent play to stay if you conducting business nearby. It has a free shuttle that will take you anywhere within three miles during the week. I also appreciated the free breakfasts, and evening socials. I was also able to get food delivered quite easily. My room was also quite comfortable. If you don't wish to rent a car, it is a great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Sunnyside09
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
BEST WESTERN PLUS Morristown Inn
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany

Been to HYATT house Morristown? Share your experiences!