“Loved this Hotel--Great with Pets”

HYATT house Morristown
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed 4 January 2011

We used this hotel over a Christmas visit with family. This was a great hotel for dogs, and the staff couldn't have been nicer. The breakfast buffet was better than average for the hotel class. Would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank razorbackgirl0313

Reviewed 13 September 2010

Front desk was very friendly from check-in to checkout. The rooms were nicely laid out and good for families - almost like apartment living. Although not too bad, this hotel can tend to get rowdy because it offers a lot. Complimentary breakfast was sufficient but nothing above and beyond.

While everything was accomodating, this hotel could stand to have a renovation soon. Although not noticable at first, the rooms are showing their age.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank gstabc
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at HYATT house Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2010

Dear gstabc:

We have been informed of the pleasant stay, you experienced, at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites Morristown. We’re glad to hear you liked the layout of the suite you stayed in during your visit. I will be happy to pass along your suggestion regarding an update to our rooms, as we appreciate your input. We are looking forward to hosting you in the future!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 5 September 2010

I stayed one night for a job interview. The company interviewing me was paying for my trip and booked the hotel for me. The hotel did not negotiate a method of payment with the company. INSTEAD, THEY CHARGED THE ENTIRE STAY ON MY CREDIT CARD WITHOUT EVER TELLING ME. I only noticed it by accident when I was reviewing my statement. Instead of contacting the company for payment, they told me to go get the money from the company myself. I've stayed at over 15 hotels in the last 6 months and NEVER had to deal with this kind of service.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank traveler21201
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at HYATT house Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2010

We were concerned to read about your billing issue. It is not normal practice for our hotels to negotiate method of payment through a third party. We would be happy to look into this further for you and appreciate your candid comments.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 17 August 2010

This hotel had a two bedroom suite at a good price. It was very convenient for the nearby wedding we were attending. The room was clean, and the furnishings in good condition. The front desk was staffed appropriately and were helpful in giving us directions. The breakfast seems basic (heated up items like eggs, bacon, and yogurt and cereal, juice machine), but convenient. My only complaint is that our key was not activated to get in to the pool nor back into the hotel from the pool area. Luckily someone was there to let me in, but I woudl not want to be stranded outside due to this careless oversight.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Mommy23Dc
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at HYATT house Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2010

We greatly appreciate your review. I’m glad you were able to enjoy time at our hotel. We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 8 August 2010

We were going to a wedding close by and we stayed one night. Our room was very clean. The front desk was very helpful. Full free breakfast in the morning. Very nice. Only drawbacks (and you knew they were coming) they let you have a late checkout, which is great BUT the room card expires at noon, so now you can't get into your room to get your stuff. You need to go to front desk and get new room key. also what I never heard of they want to leave the hotel when you check out. We usually stay at the pool area for a few hours after check out, and enjoy the day. We of course stayed and just used the bathroom in the lobby to change for our ride home. But it was stilll very nice. I don;t think I will be going to that area again, but I would probably stay at another Hyatt Summerfield some where else.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Very nice hotel- we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which was spacious and well maintained, had everything we needed. Breakfast in the morning was great with plenty of sitting room, nice area. We were there for a wedding closeby, but if you didn't have a specific reason to be in the area there is absolutely nothing closeby in terms of shopping and restaurants. Staff was so friendly, helpful-- in fact, my husband had a hankering for pizza one night and he asked for numbers for delivery. The guy manning the desk told him everything was closed but he had one whole pizza pie left from a hotel pary that he could have! so nice. There's a little shop where you can buy some basics and snacks. Full kitchen which is nice. Nothing to complain about!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Marylandmama
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I had never stayed at a Summerfield Suites before (when staying at similarly priced hotels, I usually stay at Courtyards at Hampton Inns) and was a little skeptical. I was shocked.. it was fantastic!! Seriously! I would stay here again in a heartbeat. It was recently renovated, flat screen tv's, stainless steel appliances etc and very spacious, and also decorated quite nicely, especially the living room. The people working there were very polite and helpful, too. The TV had a great range of channels (more than typical hotels - I was able to get my Real Housewives fix on Bravo!) and the bed was very comfortable. I would definitely go back!

Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank cpapa84
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center

Been to HYATT house Morristown? Share your experiences!