“I usually hate cupcakes”
Review of Sweet Lucy Bakery - CLOSED

Sweet Lucy Bakery
Description: 973 998 8070 OMG! BEST Cupcakes I have EVER HAD! Please add so I can review! It's worth the trip!
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Not usually a fan of cake-type desserts, I wasn't expecting much when a friend bought some cupcakes from Sweet Lucy's for a birthday party. Even more so, I got stuck with a vanilla cupcake, usually my least favorite. However, it was incredible! I've since gone back for cookie dough and chocolate cupcakes and been blown away every time. I would definitely recomend this place for any other picky cupcake critics. This place is a step above any other bakeries I've been to.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stopped in during our walk around town on New Year's Eve, looking mainly for hot chocolate. It was nice to find that Lucy's was one of the places that stayed open and was a designated First Night "Warming Station". We're not so naïve as to believe that Lucy's stayed open out of holiday altruism, but they were a welcome stop - and a fairly steady stream of First Night customers seemed to agree. The staff was friendly, the baked goods were tasty, and the opportunity to warm up was welcome. As dog-lovers, we liked hearing that Lucy is actually the owner's dog, and her pictures are proudly displayed on the wall. I have a theory that has yet to be disproven - If dog-lovers name their business after their dog, they tend to be as proud of their business as they are of their dog.
We found their goods to be tasty and creative, though a little less plentiful than would probably be the case during normal business hours. Prices weren't that bad considering you are getting specialty baked goods, rather than the bulk products all too common in cafes.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Sweet Lucy's did the cake for my daughter's recent wedding. Saravwas a pleasure to work with. The cake was beautiful and more importantly delicious . Our guests said it was the best wedding cake they had had. The bride and groom wanted one layer to be carrot cake and it did not disappoint.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I loved the idea of this shop, but totally disappointed when I saw their prices. The cupcakes are small and pricey. The taste did not warrant the price. I thought the icing was too overbearing for the cake. I never went back.

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for an afternoon dessert and the cupcakes were great. Had the red velvet and a carrot cake. Really good!