“Food was OK - small portions” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
Description: Home made Gelato is their speciatly. Happy to write a review
Montville, New Jersey
“Food was OK - small portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Two of us had grilled chicken on arugala salad. Two small strips of chicken on a small bed of lettuce. It was good, but way too small for a lunch.

very casual place

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Westford, Massachusetts
“Great food - Great Atmosphere - eclectic, casual, fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Great little place with rooms that have three distinct personalities--and that does not even include the outside area. Great paninis, gelato, tea--and I am guessing everything else is good too. We found out the meat (turkey, roast beef etc) is all cooked right there using the sous vide method--the main thing that means is that it is cooked about as perfect as it can be. Wide variety of breads --we had sour dough and focaccia. Huge selection of gelato.

Definitely worth checking out--within walking distance of the Best Western and the Hyatt, right on the town green. Everyone is welcome from families with small children, couples, groups of friends, young, old--comfortable for everyone.

• Visited May 2013
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
“A nice way to end the evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stopped here after a benefit pub crawl, primarily for coffee. A couple of us also sampled and bought some of their ice cream. The coffee was very good, as was the ice cream, but the atmosphere was the real winner here. Sometimes you just want a relaxing, casual place for dessert or to just chat. The atmosphere here is kind of eclectic bistro meets coffee club. The back area has a casual clubby feel. The front has tables that were exactly what I remembered from our kitchen in the 1950's. It just makes you feel at home!
Service was fast and friendly, and prices were reasonable.

• Visited April 2013
Madison, New Jersey
“Delicious Food & Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

Cafe on the Green a great place to enjoy very good food and spend time chit chatting with a friend. I go to Cafe on the Green often - at least twice a month if not more. I will go with my BF to grab a quick dinner before a movie. I've gone with my sister to just dish and catch up. I really love this place. I've picked up take out just because I love the food.

FOOD:

-SANDWICHES: The sandwiches are excellent. Sandwiches are offered on whole wheat, ciabatta, or sour dough bread and include selection of potato chips, side salad, or soup. My favorite sandwiches are the Thanksgiving and the Roast. The Thanksgiving consists of turkey with cranberry, mayo and cheese. The Roast is roast beef with cheese and horseradish.

-SIDE SALADS: simple organic mixed greens with a lemon dressing that is perfect.

-SOUPS: Soups vary by day, but I've had SEVERAL excellent soups. I've never had a bad soup: the Chicken Orzo, the Loaded Baked Potato, Cream of Tomato, Minestrone - all Very GOOD.

-DESSERTS: Cupcakes - I LOVE the Red Velvet. Macaroons - my favorite is the coconut. There are SO many flavors to chose from, but coconut and chocolate hit the spot for me. Cannoli was good.

-DRINKS: I love their hot chocolate. My sister, who is a former Starbucks Barista, loves getting coffee drinks. There is a selection of WONDERFUL organic teas. Also available is a selection of bottled drinks, sweet tea etc...

ATMOSPHERE:
There are two distinct seating areas in the cafe both eclectic collection a la shabby chic. The front is decorated in lighter colors - white wall paper with gold colored tree trunks, pastel table tops, etc. My preferred section is the back - a pink/purple area with scratch & sniff wall paper behind a sofa with two large side chairs that look like they came out of Alice & Wonderland. The back area also has at least three tables for eating lunch.

I love this place. In fact I should go back today after writing this review. Like their Facebook page to find out the soup specials of the day.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank HappyHikerGirl
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
“Fantastic food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

This is a great place for a quick meal before a show. Very nice atmosphere with excellent service. The coffee and gelato are wonderful. The food is very good and overall it's a great value.