“Good food and atmosphere”

Rod's Steak & Seafood Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Rod's Steak & Seafood Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 159 Restaurants in Morristown
Price range: US$60 - US$100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Madison Avenue
Transit: New Jersey Transit Trains and Bus at our doorstep. Convent Station New Jersey
Description: Welcome to New Jersey's Legendary Steak House Rod's Steak & Seafood Grille, an area landmark and winner of New Jersey Monthly's 'Best Steakhouse' award, offers lunch and dinner daily as well as the finest Sunday Brunch in New Jersey. The restaurant's new design, rich wood paneling and highly polished brass, lends a classic elegance to the sophisticated atmosphere. For an intimate and unique experience, dinner aboard the private Parlour Cars is sure to be remembered. Formerly the private domain of the rich and famous, these beautifully refurbished, turn of the century railway cars are exquisitely complimented by the haute cuisine of Rod's esteemed Executive Chef.
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Food and service is good. Prices are high. The meat and seafood is done very well and you feel you are back in time with the layout and decorations. Very nice.

• Visited June 2014

New Jersey
“Nice Ambiance & Good Food - But Handicapped Beware”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our family has always enjoyed Rod's as a venue for our special occasions, or even just a nice dinner out. It is pricey, as others have said, but the food and service are usually very good and the setting feels "special". We chose Rod's in March, 2013, for my husband's 70th birthday celebration. We had a private room, nicely set up for our group. The menu and food were great, and the dedicated waiter who oversaw our party was terrific. Everyone had a wonderful evening. My one big complaint was that Rod's is just not handicapped friendly at all. I had had foot surgery and was non-weight-bearing, on a knee scooter. I could access the restaurant only by entering through the hotel, and traveling a long exhausting way down corridors and up and down ramps to get from the car and back again. When they had told me on the phone that I could simply come in through the hotel, I had no idea what a journey that would be. The ladies room had no handicapped stall. I managed to squeeze in my scooter and turn it around, with difficulty. Someone with a wheelchair or jazzy would be unable to use the stalls at all. The restroom door was not designed to be opened by someone with a mobility aid. This is a place that does many weddings and other private affairs, large and small. I am absolutely astonished that Rod's has not modified their premises to accommodate handicapped in this day and age. If you or someone in your group has a mobility problem, you'll do better at a different facility.

• Visited September 2013
Chester, New Jersey
“Nice Steakhouse”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I like this steakhouse better than the famous chains in the area. The atmosphere is great and the food is delicious. I have found the steaks to be great and most the sides I have ordered are pretty good too. My favorite is the Sunday morning breakfast buffet. Great value for good appetites.

Hopatcong, New Jersey
“Relaxing Place for Lunch!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We met a group of friends for a reunion lunch at Rods. The restaurant is beautifully furnished and meticulously clean! The service is impeccable and the food was served hot and fresh! They bring a wonderful basket of fresh breads and crackers along with a date nut loaf which was terrific. I had the free range chicken that was served with potato and fresh vegetables --all were season perfectly. The waiter advised it would be 25 minutes preparation for this dish and I thought that was very impressive to alert you before others began to wonder why food was taking so long! My husband had the Prime Steak Sandwich and it was excellent --tender as could be with mozzarella and red peppers served on a long baguette with shoestring potatoes. I was glad I tasted it --when we return that is what I will order!!! The rest of the group was very pleased as well.
If you are looking for an upscale lunch spot, this would be a great choice. Be prepared as the prices are on the high side - lunch ran $60 a couple. Dinner is much more expensive - but if it is a very special occasion, would be worth the experience.

• Visited June 2014
Hale, United Kingdom
“Great steak - best in the area”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Prestigous local restaurant with great steaks (why can't I find steaks of this quality in the UK?) Excellent service without being pretentious and a great ambience. We dined in the railway car which was a little twee but the USA contingent enjoyed it! Would recommend

Visited June 2014