“More than Decent Pizzeria and Restaurant”
Review of Milano Gourmet Pizza - CLOSED

Milano Gourmet Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 10 February 2013

My wife an I made our first trip here after noticing it in our travels through Morristown for the last several years. It is very small, with only 4 to 6 tables (depending on how they are arranged), and does not really have any ambiance. Our expectations were not high.

Milano's is a BYOB and they provided real wine glasses for our use. A nice amenity that helps keep the overall cost reasonable even though the prices for many of the items on the menu are slightly higher than at similar places.

Instead of ordering pizza we tried entrees. My wife had Chicken Saltimbucca and I had baked manicotti. She was pleasantly surprised with the quality of her dish, especially compared to a similar meal she had in another pizzeria/restaurant recently which lacked flavor. The chef also eagerly added in roasted red peppers that are not normally a part of this dish at no extra charge. My meal was also very tasty though it could have used more sauce.

One other thing that seemed strange was that real plates are used (although my wife's and mine didn't match) while the utensils provided are plastic.

Overall our experience at Milano's was good and we will surely be back due to its quality of food and location in the center of a bustling town. Next time maybe the gourmet pizza?

Reviewed 23 January 2013

a little pricier that most, but tastes good.
not much seating in the restaurant, but take out would be recommended.