“Hot spot in Morristown- Portuguese Italian”

Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 159 Restaurants in Morristown
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cattano Ave
Succasunna, New Jersey
“Hot spot in Morristown- Portuguese Italian”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This has quickly become a very popular restaurant in a Morristown for good reason. The food is very good and has nice variations on food you have had before. The decor and setting is very hip and there is a surprising amount of it.

The service is reasonable, we were there at prime time on a Saturday night and service was a tad slow but acceptable. The server had a very good manner and was helpful with the menu.

If there is only two in your party try to get seated at a high table along the windows. You get a great view of the restaurant and you are not in crowd.

My wife feels her pork chop was the best she ever had. I liked the Portuguese mussels, they were tender and on fire with peppers.

This was our fourth time here and it has been consistently very good.

Dessert was a pecan ice cream pie that was incredible. The ice cream is fluffy and light. I only had one or two fork gulls since my wife was very aggressive.

They are also nice people and they really seem to care.

• Visited June 2014

Geneva, Switzerland
“Excellent”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Popped into this little gem while staying at the Hyatt Morristown across the road. SO happy we discovered this spot, waiters were amazing and food was excellent. Lovely homely atmosphere and decor. Its byo, so bring wine, or they offer a delivery service to your table from a local wine merchant.

• Visited May 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
“Nice restaurant with friendly staff”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I attended here for a works dinner with 10 other people. The food was good and lots of choice. The servings were big and tasty.

It's a BYO but they do serve sangria, not sure how that works. The sangria is highly recommended.

I enjoyed this place and would return.

• Visited June 2014
Morristown, New Jersey
“Chic and Trendy”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at the decor. Very chic and elegant. Perfect for a girl's night out or bridal shower. I went for lunch, and ordered the Crab Cake BLT sandwich. It was plated beautifully, but I didn't care for how it was made. It was tasty, but I like crab cakes to have some chunks of crab in it. Theirs was mashed. The fries were delicious. Hubby ordered Pasquale's Italian Hero. Too many strong flavors for one sandwich. Fresh ingredients, just overpowering. I'd love to go back for dinner.

• Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“Great Food, Hip Atmosphere and Excellent Service”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I was pleased with my decision to dine at Olive Lucy for a work dinner with colleagues. There are so many restaurants to choose from all within walking distance but Olive Lucy's with its Portuguese Italian menu and beautifully fresh and hip decor I can see from pics online really stood out to me!

Based on the reviews I read I knew the food would be delicious with an assortment of exciting menu items for a group of people with many different tastes. Everything was delicious and everyone in my group was more than happy with their food!

For aps we shared the meatballs, mushrooms, calamari, peppers and ravioli short ribs. My fav was the meatballs. For our main entree I got the Paella Valencia and despite a previous review I read it was not at all salty! I am not big salt fan and felt it could even use some more. I did find it delicious! The assortment of desserts was also fantastic. The chocolate lava cake was perfect. It was light and fluffy and topped with chocolate and the gelatos are yummy.

Like most Morristown restaurants it is BYOB and they could not be more accommodating. They will bring a bucket of ice to chill your wine table-side and even make sangria for you! They have the mix and fruit!

The service was excellent! Our waiter Matty was fantastic! He was so knowledgable and helpful. Very professional and patient. Within my group we had many with different food allergies and you can tell he took it very seriously and made sure we all stayed well.

The decor is gorgeous! Very clean, fresh and hip!

Olive Lucy is a perfect restaurant for any occasion you want to make a little special!