“Wow was I surprised”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
new jersey
“Wow was I surprised”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I love the pizza so one night we decided to try the "real" food at Suvios, especially after i read all the glowing on-line reviews. We ordered the cavatelli w/ broccoli & the penne alla suvios. Now it was during the Christmas holidays (Sunday night after) so I am not sure if the regular crew was off (more on that later) but it was the MOST flavorless Italian food I have ever eaten (& one set of my grandparents were from Italy). Both pastas tasted as if they were cooked in unsalted water & the cavatelli had no sauce just water. Horrible. Before posting this review I called to complain & ask what happened. I was told the regular chef was working that night & that the owner would call me back. He never did. I will never order anything but pizza from them ever again & quite frankly I might not even do that since no one bothered to call me back!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank anniekNewJersey

Morristown, New Jersey
“Best pizza outside of Italy.”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We were taken to Suvio's by the realtor who was showing us houses in the Morristown area. She described it as one of Morristown's culinary gems--great food, low prices. She was so right. Whatever you order at Suvio's, you cannot go wrong but you should be sure not to miss their fabulous pizza. We don't go more than a couple of weeks without eating at Suvio's.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank motownfoodmonkey
Morristown, New Jersey
“Wonderful pizza! Always a favorite with my children growing up and still a favorite years later!”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I have lived in Morristown for over 30 years and this place is simply an institution. Located very close to Morristown High School, it was always a senior hangout when my children went to school there and ate there daily. I could never imagine wanting anything that frequently but they would always say that it was just that good. Still is and has never lost that family feel. Morristown high schoolers still love this place and it's take-out is also wonderful! Highly recommended.

“Eaten there for years”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

My wife and I have eaten at Suvio’s for years. It’s not a fancy Italian restaurant but does have booths on the side away from the takeout counter. Sometimes we get a pizza to go and other times we eat there and have the shrimp parm. It’s convenient and we can usually park on the street or in the small lot in the back. I like the pizza, but wife thinks it's just okay.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank MitchPhyllis65
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Grew up eating at Suvio's ... best in town!”
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Grew up eating at Suvio's ... best in town!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook