“Small Space, Big Food”

Washington St. Bistro
Ranked #36 of 160 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A cozy BYOB Bistro with Inspired Colonial Fare nestled in Morristown, NJ.
Reviewed 6 April 2014

For a small restaurant they certainly can produce some excellent food. The mussels were some of the best I've ever eaten. Kale salad and the side of cauliflower were fantastic. I will definitely return sooner than later. Make sure to call for reservations.

2  Thank LakeladyB

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

This establishment is wonderful. Staff very friendly and accommodating. The chef even came to ask us about the food. Our attentive waiter was named Paul. Be sure to book early as the restaurant is small.

1  Thank Pete C
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

I don't normally give 5 stars on a first visit, but I think this bistro deserves it. The menu is so interesting and creative that I actually asked our waiter if the chef can pull it off. I wish we had a larger party so I could have tried more dishes. The three of us shared the scallops appetizer and the kale and Brussels sprouts salad. My wife ordered the pork chop, which was good but not great. (She ordered it because the waiter said it was one of their better entrees, but she knows no one makes a better pork chop than me.) Our son had the duck breast and raved about it (he was right). I had the bistro cassoulet and it was spectacular. No single ingredient overpowered the others, which was my concern with the sausage. We regret being too full to try dessert; maybe next time. The bistro is BYOB, which helps with the cost - not that this expensive, especially considering the nearby steakhouses.

One thing I don't understand is why there are so few reviews. There were only 3 previous reviews when we went, but they were all great so we wanted to try it anyway. Very glad we did.

3  Thank GPBucket
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Just had an awesome coq au vin here. True to Julia Child's recipe! Also try the poached oysters appetizer & kale and Brussels sprout salad! Good coffee. BYOB

2  Thank RobRx
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I am so glad to have this restaurant in my neighborhood! Absolutely loved it! We were looking for a BYO to go to on a Friday night with some friends and stumbled across this on the internet. I was able to make a reservation on Open Table so it was quick and convenient. The service was excellent. Our server was very attentive, friendly and professional. The menu is perfect for me offering every type of food from fish to chicken to beef to even gluten-free options. I opted for the Collops of Salmon in a puffed pastry. It was excellent. All four of us ordered something different and everyone was very pleased. The portion sizes are ample and the prices are very reasonable. To top off this wonderful experience, the Chef stopped by our table to see if everything was to our liking! Yes it was!!! I will be back because I really want to try everything on their menu!

2  Thank sap32261