“Enjoyable, but not exceptionally special”
Review of Pamir - CLOSED

Pamir
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Diagonal from the Morristown Green---Dehart Street
Description: Pamir is the name of a mountainous area in Central Asia mainly in Afghanistan once along the route of Marco Polo’s Silk Road and also inhabited by descendants of Alexander the Great’s troops. The region’s cuisine was fortunate to inherit many exotic spices and flavors of Central Asia and its surrounding countries with influence from the Far East, Middle East, Mediterranean and Russia. Pamir Restaurant was originally opened in NYC in 1979 and has maintained the same family ownership and great recipes. Enjoy a taste of our history!
Northern NJ
“Enjoyable, but not exceptionally special”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We had a nice visit but hoped for something a little more special. Part of the problem was not the restaurant's fault as the St. Pat's day parade was that day and they had to contend with the drunken mass of human carnage immediately outside. I think that compromised service just a little. The food was all good but nothing stuck with me as memorable.

• Visited March 2014

Denville, New Jersey
“Very positive first experience”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Afghan food is new to me, so this place was a nice surprise. Tried a variety of appetizers, then a lamb kabob. Everything was very good, although the rice could have been more flavorful. Next time I'll try one of their "special" rices. Prices about average for a decent restaurant, and it's a BYO, which helps. Young woman who served us was pleasant and helpful.

Visited March 2014
Randolph, New Jersey
“disappointed...”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Upon entering we were immediately greeted & I headed to the restroom to wash my hands... In very cold water (I let the water run for several minutes) & no paper towels in dispenser! No bread or cheese was provided or offered like other patrons reported . The appetizers were overpriced ($8.00) for an average size of Samboshas. My entree was Lukewarm & the staff happily reheated it. I observed several staff members walking around as it was approx. 10p.m. and still had to ask several times to refill our water. For the price of each entree, size of the entrees, and service for a "family" run operation, I will not be planning to return.

• Visited February 2014
Morristown,NJ
“Afghan comfort food”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I can't believe I have never written a review for Pamir before. I have been going to this restaurant for years, but tonight it finally hit me. It was cold and damp, I had to stay late at work and just wanted something to eat that was easy. So I went to Pamir. I started with some chickpea stuffed turnovers with the three different sauces - yoghurt, hot and cilantro. Very good. The complimentary mixed salad was served too cold, but that dressing is to die for! (and I don't even like sald that much) I almost always order the badenjan chalaw ( a kind of eggplant & tomato stew) with premium lamb chunks and it was perfect. The lamb just came apart and was not fatty at all. I admit that I have never eated Afghan food except at Pamir, so perhaps I am no judge. This is not haute cuisine, it's probably closer to peasant food, but I find it extremely satisfying.

• Visited February 2014
Denville, New Jersey
“Exotic,tasty and very good !”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

First visit & didn't no what to expect. Family run restaurant , service staff was very professional. The waitress suggested entrees. The food was very tasty served in portions more then ample. You must try the pumpkin ravioli, it was scrumptious! The saffron rice, WOW! We will return

• Visited January 2014