“Pamir restaurant”

Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Diagonal from the Morristown Green---Dehart Street
Description: Pamir is the name of a mountainous area in Central Asia mainly in Afghanistan once along the route of Marco Polo’s Silk Road and also inhabited by descendants of Alexander the Great’s troops. The region’s cuisine was fortunate to inherit many exotic spices and flavors of Central Asia and its surrounding countries with influence from the Far East, Middle East, Mediterranean and Russia. Pamir Restaurant was originally opened in NYC in 1979 and has maintained the same family ownership and great recipes. Enjoy a taste of our history!
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Excellent place for a casual dinner + BYO. Great food, good service .... reasonable prices, located in the heart of Morristown. The restaurant takes reservations which is important in this town. Definitely recommend for a dinner with friends.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Consistently great, new location has not changed the excellent food and service, lamb specials, pumpkin appetizers and delicious rice dishes don't miss it.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We had a nice visit but hoped for something a little more special. Part of the problem was not the restaurant's fault as the St. Pat's day parade was that day and they had to contend with the drunken mass of human carnage immediately outside. I think that compromised service just a little. The food was all good but nothing stuck with me as memorable.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Afghan food is new to me, so this place was a nice surprise. Tried a variety of appetizers, then a lamb kabob. Everything was very good, although the rice could have been more flavorful. Next time I'll try one of their "special" rices. Prices about average for a decent restaurant, and it's a BYO, which helps. Young woman who served us was pleasant and helpful.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Upon entering we were immediately greeted & I headed to the restroom to wash my hands... In very cold water (I let the water run for several minutes) & no paper towels in dispenser! No bread or cheese was provided or offered like other patrons reported . The appetizers were overpriced ($8.00) for an average size of Samboshas. My entree was Lukewarm & the staff happily reheated it. I observed several staff members walking around as it was approx. 10p.m. and still had to ask several times to refill our water. For the price of each entree, size of the entrees, and service for a "family" run operation, I will not be planning to return.