“Comtemporary and Well Located Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Morristown
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This was our third stay at the Hyatt Morristown and have never been disappointed. The rooms are modern, clean and comfortable. The beds and pillows are comfortable as well. We had a studio suite and were able to entertain in the room due to all the seating (sofa and 2 chairs). The room was quite attractive and nicely furnished. The staff was very attentive and gave it their all to make our stay pleasant. This hotel is centrally located in the middle of downtown, making an easy walk to great restaurants, shops and businesses. We will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband & I travel about 4 months out of the year and always make Hyatt Morristown a definite stop on our itinerary when we are in New Jersey. I think we have been here at least 15 times within the past 5 years. From the moment that we step out of our car at the hotel's entrance through the duration of our stay it is quite evident that impeccable service is a goal that all hotel employees provide to guests.The staff is always pleasant, helpful, professional and friendly. Each time we return to this hotel the service and property seem to get better and better which is an indication to us that this is a well managed property where the guests' needs are a priority. Rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet. Internet works well and cable TV was just updated to include more channels. Parking is free which is another perk. They say that location is everything and that is exactly the case here as this hotel is close to many restaurants, bars, entertainment venues, shops and historical locations most within walking distance from the hotel. We especially enjoy the delicious buffet breakfast which includes an omelet/egg station and various breakfast choices. I think one of the most impressive things to us is that many of the staff recognize us from our previous visits and address us by name making this hotel, at least for us, Morristown's best.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

What a great hotel and pleasant surprise. I have stayed at this hotel three times now and every time I'm blown away by the service, the location, and the amenities of the hotel itself. My most recent stay was for two entire weeks. I felt so at home here I couldn't believe it! The staff remembered my name and welcomed me back every time I came into the lobby. The room service people even remembered what I had ordered on previous nights and made recommendations based on my preferences. Who does that??? The beds were so comfortable and there was this long desk that was huge and allowed to me to spread my stuff out all over the place. I truly felt at home! This hotel is steps from so many different restaurants and the staff was there with suggestions whenever I needed them. When I stayed in the hotel I wasn't disappointed either. I ate dinner at the bar twice (it is football season after all) and the service and food were top notch. One word to sum up my stay "AWESOME" I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Morristown area. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If you can swing it, book a "Superior Suite" ... it's like a mini apartment
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This high-rise "big city" hotel is located in the center of Morristown and is convenient for anyone visiting for business or pleasure. Hyatt took over managing the property several years ago and renovated it their standards, but there are still remnants of the original hotel such as elevators with stunningly ugly cabs. The rooms are decent size with modern furnishings, lighting and fabrics. However, what was hip and cool a few years ago is now beginning to look a little tired and dated. Bathrooms are tight and drab and could use a freshening. Overall, it's a comfortable and reliable lodging choice for the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We have been staying here for 2 nights. Overall the hotel was cozy. The rooms are clean and quite. The location is very good with the affordable rate, especially, they still provide free parking, it was very convenient for people drive to there.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed one Friday night at Hyatt Morristown. Booked it thru priceline and got an incredible price for it.
The hotel is very nice - spacious room and comfortable beds. But it is on a street with a few bars and it got really loud at night.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The hotel is impressive when you come in, the front desk staff is extremely professional and courteous. The garage is crowded and expensive so make sure you get your ticket validated if you are staying here. My issue with this hotel was the lack of sound-proofing. From the 9th floor I could hear the street noise as if the window was open and I was on the first floor, and it's a very busy street. I could also hear showers and toilets all around me. Needless to say, I did not get a very good night's sleep. In addition, the hair dryer was broken. I would not stay here again. You can try leaving the a/c on high to drown out the noise or request a room not facing the street. They leave bottles of water in the room that you can purchase for a mere $4. Last time I stayed at the Holiday Inn they gave me water. And there is not even a microwave in the room.

Room Tip: Request a room not facing Morris Ave and maybe you will have less noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
The Madison Hotel
Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center
HYATT house Parsippany-East
HYATT house Parsippany-East
#3 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Hyatt Regency Morristown? Share your experiences!