Hyatt Regency Morristown
The Madison Hotel(Morristown)
  • Pool
Red Carpet Inn(Whippany)
1,058 results
All reviewsmovie theaterfront deskstudio suitehealth clubwithin walking distancefree parkingrestaurants and barsfitness centernight's sleepguest roomsbusiness travelerstarbucks coffeetrain stationbusiness triplate checknew jerseygarage
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I have experienced my worst experience in none less then the "Hyatt Morristown" and i am a frequent hotel goer.

Security was tailing me all over the place whenever my 5 month old and my 5 year old daughter made the slightest sound, when i was sitting in the "afternoon" on the bench next to the elevator security chased me away saying that i cant sit there (what is it made for if not for sitting there?), extremely unfriendly staff, pool was out of service. A waist of every penny i spent that weekend.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank puparebbe
MorristownHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2010

We are very sorry for your experience. It is very unusual that the Security staff of Headquarters Plaza would disturb you as our guest without reason. I am not aware of any benches near the elevators in the hotel, although, each landing is equipped with two sitting chairs and an end table. Regardless, any interaction with the Security staff should be courteous and I apologize for any inappropriate or discourteous interaction you encountered. We apologize for the pool being closed during your visit. The Club at Morristown's pool area had just reopened two weeks prior to your visit from a six week renovation. It was closed without notice to the hotel so we were not able to warn arriving guests as we had tried to do while it was under renovation. We did provide free transportation to our sister property the Summerfield Suites for use of their pool and complimentary tickets to the Movie Theater located here in the plaza as alternatives. Thankfully the pool was reopened on July 22 and we do not anticipate any more closures. We encourage any of our guests to speak to a member of our management team if they are not satisfied with their stay so that we may address concerns immediately. I am very sorry that you endured such a poor experience at the hotel and I hope that if I may be of any service you will not hesitate reach out directly.

Reviewed 12 June 2010

Got a $71 weekend AAA rate, with breakfast included, which made it worth staying here.

The hotel is within a short walk of several restaurants, and is across from the Century 21 department store (this one is a much better experience than the store in Lower Manhattan). Not too far off of 287, but Morristown can be confusing to drive through, so bring directions.

Rooms are nice enough, but nothing fancy. No fridge, and TV has minimal selection. Clock was one of those advanced models on which you cannot correct the time without first attending MIT. We found the room quiet on both nights and the bed was comfy. Wired Internet didn't work, but wireless was good. Note that unless you have enough Gold Passport stays you'll be forking over $12 for access.

The breakfast buffet, included in the rate, was a mixed bag. Got there early one morning and everything was well stocked and the staff was attentive. Got there late the next morning and the staff was overstretched and food wasn't being replaced too fast. Either way, this shouldn't be confused with a Vegas breakfast buffet. Go if it's free; don't pay $18 for this.

Self-park is free - you take a ticket which the front desk validates. Generally friendly staff.

Overall, for $100 or less a night, this is a go. More than that I would think twice unless there's an absolute need to be in that location.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Attended a wedding at this hotel and stayed for 2 nights.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable and up to date. As other guests noted, it IS quite noisy if your room faces the street front as there are several bars across the street. You should ask for a different location if you are sensitive to this.

Breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel, the "eclectic grill" exceeded my expectations. All service from the front desk was consistently polite and competent. They even randomly called to make sure everything was going well!!

Strangely, the hotel has a zero tolerance liquor policy in that you are not allowed to bring alcohol into your room. While I personally don't care about this rule, I thought others may want to know when deciding where to stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Great staff, average breakfast bar, good waiters, clean room (smelled like disinfectant)

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank LA-Backdoc
Reviewed 22 May 2010

In some ways nice; the beds were comfortable, they had a nice lounge, and the staff seemed friendly. On other other, this was by far the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed at. The main problem is it is close to a hospital. This may have been a unusual night; but at least ten ambulances went by at all hours of the night. The town of Morritown has a lot of nightlife. My wife and I went through on a Friday night and there were people all over the place; which probably contributed to the noise/ambulance problem. One other thing, we did have trouble finding the Hyatt at night, (Several quick turns, the Hyatt sign is low and dim), so make sure you have good directions.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gsallis
MorristownHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2010

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Hyatt Morristown. We certainly appreciate your feedback. I am disappointed you encountered noise issues during your recent visit. We are located more than two miles away from Morristown Memorial Hospital so it is very uncommon that there is any resultant noise. The most direct routes to the hospital are several blocks away from the hotel. We are very sorry that you were disturbed. Thank you for noting the central location of the hotel. Within walking distance of 25 restaurants, pubs and the Morristown Community theater we are at the center of all Morristown has to offer. We go to great lengths to ensure all of our guests a good nights rest and hope that we will have an opportunity to host you for more than one evening so you can experience how atypical your evening truly was.