“Restaurant Week Winner”
Review of Chef Fredy's Table

Chef Fredy's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Fredy's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 156 Restaurants in Morristown
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cattano Avenue
Description: Chef Fredy's Table in Morristown lives up to its reputation for serving excellent New American cuisine in an elegant and comfortable atmosphere. Our menu features many dishes that are beer influenced. The cuisine has very unique flavors and accents, ranging from simple dishes to elaborate creations of culinary art. The exotic tastes and dazzling presentations ensures your dining experience will be truly memorable.
Mount Olive, New Jersey
“Restaurant Week Winner”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I joined a group of friends at Tim Schafer’s / Chef Fredy’s Table for restaurant week and the 3 course fixed price menu. The choices were incredible including bison, ostrich, venison, and more. Given the menu I started with the spicy flash fried calamari which was in the top 2 calamari dishes I’ve had (I give most bad marks as chewy, this was a clear winner). For my main I chose the shrimp with andouille sausage, broccoli rabe, herbs, and roasted garlic in a spicy light cream shrimp sauce served over the home made linguini pasta. A true favor explosion, the risk is I’ll attempt to order the same on any future visit, when there are so many other great options. Others at the table enjoyed Salad, soup, or a bison starter with which all ere pleased. For the main the others had the St peter’s fish filet which received solid reviews, wild mushroom Ravioli (I tried one and agree it was very enjoyable), and the crab cakes which had ample crab. I felt my choice was the best of the lot, others may disagree as I so like a bit of spice in my food. The waiters were in excellent making recommendations, having our BYOB wine ready and waiting as we were seated. The interior is comfortable and intimate reminding me of a fine European resultant / brasserie in Amsterdam or Reims. I highly recommend best meal of the year!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank RDCononver

Olen, Belgium
“Good honest food”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Visited this place on a Sunday evening. There was a relaxed atmosphere with Some nice background music. I started with their home salad - simple and with a refreshing vinaigrette. As a main course I had mushroom ravioli - really nice, not too heavy. Dessert was a simple vanille ice cream. The service was very good and took into account that I went there alone... They had a good pace between the different courses. Overall, a good experience.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank IvesDB1973
Andover, New Jersey
“Nice date nite spot!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Looking for a nice quiet evening with good food and excellent service.....this is your place. We started out with early reservations and were given a nice table for two looking out on the avenue. Our waiter was quite knowledgeable and there were quite a few tasty specials offered that nite....menu is varied and not too extensive that could be overwhelming. We so enjoyed our meal that we ordered dessert and were able to linger just a bit more at this lovely resturant.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jean B
Randolph, New Jersey
“Good food and a good value”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We went with another couple and our 11 year old sons for dinner on Saturday nigth. The servers were gracious and accommodating. The boys both had the filet mignon special, with garlic mashed potatoes. They were literally wiping up their plates with crusts of bread, not a thing was left. We adults all had different entrees, fish, pasta, ossobuco and strip steak. They were all very good, well prepared and generously portioned. The servers were attentive by pouring our wine as we needed it, and refilling water, bread, etc. Overall a very nice night out.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Danielle C
Morristown, New Jersey
“Excellent Food & Service at this BYOB Restaurant”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

You can't go wrong at Tim Schafer's Restaurant. The food is outstanding as well as the service.
Ever wanted to try venison, bison, or ostrich? There's always some exotic meats on the menu.
All meals are beautifully presented with generous portions. The salads are creative and delicious.
The gracious staff is attentive and very professional. The BYOB feature makes this restaurant a great place to celebrate special occasions or just hang out with friends. They also do fantastic catering.

• Visited January 2014